RyJ Habana Reserve

BigDawgFan

Up Next-Ugly Orange Team
Let me say first that I'm still basicaly a noob and this is my first review.
The presentation was IMO a classic look to a cigar. The construction was what one would expect from RyJ.
The burn was somewhat uneven however the ash was nice and consistent.
The most important part IMO is the taste. It started out with a hint of pepper kinda like a Perdomo Lot 23. The first third had that hint of pepper with a leathery, tobacco taste. The remainder of the cigar lost that peppery taste but still had that leathery, tobbaco taste.
At under $5.00 per stick I would buy this one again. Overall it was a very good smoke and well worth the money spent.
Again let me state that I'm a noob and my tastes tend to lean toward the MILD side but if you are just starting out this is one I would reccomend trying.:tu

Let me say first that I'm still basicaly a noob and this is my first review.
The presentation was IMO a classic look to a cigar. The construction was what one would expect from RyJ.
The burn was somewhat uneven however the ash was nice and consistent.
The most important part IMO is the taste. It started out with a hint of pepper kinda like a Perdomo Lot 23. The first third had that hint of pepper with a leathery, tobacco taste. The remainder of the cigar lost that peppery taste but still had that leathery, tobbaco taste.
At under $5.00 per stick I would buy this one again. Overall it was a very good smoke and well worth the money spent.
Again let me state that I'm a noob and my tastes tend to lean toward the MILD side but if you are just starting out this is one I would reccomend trying.:tu

Which vitola was this?

Nope. Barcode and band say RyJ 1875 Habana Reserve. The guy at the B&M told me it was new. The taste resembles a stronger bully IMO plus the pepper taste at the start.

Pay no attention to me. I had a senior moment. If I had looked at the forum you posted in, I would have noticed you were reviewing an NC. I was thinking you were speaking about a Cuban RyJ. My bad.

lgMP0163.jpg

Pay no attention to me. I had a senior moment. If I had looked at the forum you posted in, I would have noticed you were reviewing an NC. I was thinking you were speaking about a Cuban RyJ. My bad.

lgMP0163.jpg
:r And here I am thinking "Way to go dumbass. You post your first review and you STILL don't know your ass from a hole in the ground" Of course what should I expect from a MILF!!!! :r

Nice review. I have been wanting to try one and now I will! I am smoking a RyJ Maddie Reserva now!

I also smoked a Robusto size RyJ Habana Reserve yesterday. At $4.95, this was one hell of a cigar for the price. Good peppery start and a good smooth rest. Definitly will be getting more of these. These should be really good with some rest too.

I just picked up a box of the Coronas, I think they are a great everyday smoke. I plan to keep these in my rotation from now on. PS good review.:ss

I had my first one of these yesterday. Very good cigar. I picked up some Carmel/Toffee nuance about mid stick...my favorite flavor in a cigar. I will buy more of these. :tu

the one i had a few days ago had a "nutty" taste to it. Didn't get any spice.
the nutty taste started of kinda of mild but then got stronger as the cigar burned. For sure the fullest bodied RyJ I have had.
Good review!

Thanks for the review. I never really got into RyJ until I smoked a Vintage III. They are very mild, with creamy undertones. I am going to get a habana reserve now, try the Vintage III's, you will like them.

lgMP0163.jpg

Nice work, old man. ;) :r

Back