RYJ Reserva Real

jamminison

Big Young Ape
Is anybody here a fan of these? I picked up a box of robustos because i had heard good things but i didnt care for them.I smoked one the day i recieved them and one about a week later.Maybe they need more time in the humi? Who here has tried them and what did you think?

I have some reservations about the Reals.

I found them completely inoffensive, but also devoid of any real character. To me they're simply a super mild nice tasting smoke with a nice burn -- perfect for guests who like the general ceremonious concept of a cigar but can't really handle (or could care less about) the minutiae.

jamminison said:
Is anybody here a fan of these? I picked up a box of robustos because i had heard good things but i didnt care for them.I smoked one the day i recieved them and one about a week later.Maybe they need more time in the humi? Who here has tried them and what did you think?

If you've ever bought a sampler of robustos this is one of the standard fare sticks. Not bad just lacking character. Even a mild smoke needs to have something going for it besides heat and ash.

I didn't care for the taste I don't know if I'd call it bland but the flavor is what put me off just didn't taste good..I don't know :al

magno said:
I have some reservations about the Reals.

I found them completely inoffensive, but also devoid of any real character. To me they're simply a super mild nice tasting smoke with a nice burn -- perfect for guests who like the general ceremonious concept of a cigar but can't really handle (or could care less about) the minutiae.

Well put. I used to like the RR's a lot, back when I was just getting into cigars. I bought a few a little while back, and I think I PIF'd one to mr. c before I got around to smoking one again :hn. After smoking the others, I think I'll look elsewhere for a mild smoke from here on out.

On the plus side, I do remember them burning nice and straight every time. I would agree that they are a decent smoke for visitors who aren't up to an ashkicker, as you said magno....just a little pricey for that. ($5 for a robusto?)

I agree with oof.... (That's fun to say) RyJ was my favorite smoke when I was just getting into the habit. There is so much else out there that is better and cheaper.

Funnymantrip said:
I agree with oof.... (That's fun to say) RyJ was my favorite smoke when I was just getting into the habit. There is so much else out there that is better and cheaper.

Oof! Haha....Club stogie's new slapstick comedy team, OOF! and EEF!

Two of those o's are actually just spacers...back when I started using this name I used o's rather than _ or spaces, so instead of Friend_Of_P, I'm friendoofop. :cool:

I like them!!! In sayig that, They are not by any means a goto for me. They are a little one dimensional. They are a litle mild. However everyonce in a while I like a light smoke and these are not bad.

Look at them for what they are. A very mild smoke that is much better than a Macanudo.

Also the Anniversario are a lot more tasty that the RR's.

Back