S.T's turmoil...

Guitarman-S.T-

...Got Metal?
Well here is the long stressed upon situation i have been holding back on club stogie for awhile now.

The 8th of July i was burglarized at my very own... very new apartment. I left for class at 8am in the morning to get to class a bit early to do some prep work for service. Went to another root canal/dentist appointment, arrived home at no later then 2:30pm. I walked up to my apartment door as normal, had to actually use my key to enter ( door being locked as nothing happened).

I walked in, as nothing new, looked at my desk to the right of me where my laptop sat... noticed it not being there... im standing there... dumbfounded looking in my mind.. where did i put it?
My computer case... The cigar lounge... my room?
- THATS when i opened my mine to the larger picture... i just gradually looked threw out my main room in my apartment still in the door way... Guitars... T.V.... electronics... everything... gone.

Went to the front desk f*cking HOT! Asking what will be done ( i never had a chance to get renters insurance havent been here for more then a month) And all they could say is.. Well.. did you call the police?
i replied NO, i didnt know what to do, so i called them, and 2 and a half hours later an officer arrived.

By this time i had a small list of what was missing for the officer and his report. He searched around, notice no sign of break in... but before he came an elderly man that lived under me noticed a guy jump from my balcony ( 2nd story) at about 1pm.. im guessing he came in... and left after locking the doors as if nothing happened.

All the officer could have thought was a former key holder... and he filed a report, and that was that, i know damn well im not getting anything back, or anything good will come of this, but until it does.. i guess im starting over =]

( after the event i did rechange my locks on my own, apartment is doing nothing for the losses or the sum of money that i payed to rechange the locks)

--------------
-What was lost-
-------------
ESP H-1000 Deluxe model Electric Guitar
Morgan Monroe Vintage Electric Acoustic ( case )
Randall Valve-Dynamic 200 watt Amplifier
Boss Micro-DR Digital Recorder
Guitar FX pedals/Boss Tuner
Planet Waves Gold plated guitar cord
Laptop
20" Flat screen HDTV
XBOX 360- dozen games/controllers/wireless unit/ guitar hero controller
Sony DVD player
Sony Cybershot Digital Camera
Korg Analog Mixing table
Dupont X-Tend Lighter
...and among other things...my

External Hardrive
-at the moment my only concern.. All of my music i have ever had... is gone, all of my PERSONAL Music.. Recordings... Lyrics.... Rough drafts of original songs, the entire evolving manner that happened to all of my music Gone.... All of my personal photo albums that i have ever taken my entire LIFE digitally, Music shows/ Live recordings/Photography/Friends and Family... Gone for ever. All i have to say is, i guess this is time for me to start over...

Helpful Friends
-I have been very fortunate to have the friends i have no threw this community, to date my dear friend Andy( Dooge) has been so helpful to my situation, ever sense i have moved into this new housing, he and his wife have helped me out wonderfully i dont know how i will ever repay them, But he has basically built a desktop for me to use from the ground up, without his help i dont think i would be able to get on here for.. quiet some time.

-And as well my cigar buddy from Wisconsin that i met threw Andrew ( scottishsmoker) and St. Croix Cigars Mike ( beagleboy) While he was in vegas for the RTDA, he heard of the conflict with me from Andrew, and entirely went out of his way to purchase a XBOX 360 for me to have and use.... Im not sure how i can ever accept such a gift from a guy i barely know, but thank you Mike, you literally blew me away from your generosity!

Ending credits
To end this post, id like to say, Please.... your sympathy is not needed, it is true that with out meeting a few great cigar guys in the vegas area, this city has done NOTHING but horrible things for me... Physically and mentally... nothing good has truly came out of this venture from my past living situation but my schooling/ knowledge and great friends or this would have been the worse thing i have ever ventured out to do in my entire life.

I just wanted to let a few of you guys know well, just why i havent been on as much as i have, and the rough things that have happened on my part. Not sure really what to do, but wait for things to turn around.

I would like to thank all members of club stogie that has touched my life in some way,shape or form, you are basically all i have had sense being here, with out you guys i am not sure what i would have done, You have always been there threw the rough times with great assistance and condolence, and as well the good times of my past and first year being here with you all... Thank you, but dont let this distress you... I guess the worst of things have happened though i thought they never would, but they have, not either things get worse, which they continue to... or they get better in some way, i guess, Now... i play the waiting game :tu

-Samuel Thomas Micheal Hastings
Musician for 11 years to date, now is my time for a break I believe :hn

Last edited:
I'll take you on as Family but you have to be ready to bring your old pops his slippers when I needs them

Sorry to hear this Sam. I hope everything turns out ok for ya. Prayers and thoughts going out to you.
They gotta' im not sure what else could be done, but another burglary and have everything i am trying to rebuild with taken...
But thanks brotha 4wheel ;) we have been threw the best of things in the past.. Awesome music passes, now after this metal one comes home.. what ever music is in it, is what i will restart with :D

Saddened to hear about your run of bad luck, Sam. Positive thoughts and prayers go out your way. I hope things pick up for you soon.:tu

Saddened to hear about your run of bad luck, Sam. Positive thoughts and prayers go out your way. I hope things pick up for you soon.:tu
and so do i brother from soco :tu
I guess this is a time to think of what i want to do, do i really want to pick up the guitar again, what music should i look into and discover for me new... collection, Who knows, only time will tell :ss

I hope that the local PD has some smarts and investigates this properly... If I were you I would go to the local pawn shops and see if they have any of your guitars or anything... if you had a recognizable scratch or something on it, it will help. I know that in order to pawn it off they need to give their ID so if you find it your chances are higher at finding the criminal...

Next time you are in MN or at St. Croix Cigars please let me know, I will cancel any plans to come Herf!

sorry to hear of your experience, Sam.
Other than the music, it's just stuff... and although it hurts, it can be replaced. The music you have made in the past is still in you, so you can rest assured it will come out again. Having stuff stolen is a trial by fire for many of us, and you will be more aware of how much you value your belongings. Being security aware in a large city is a huge life skill.
PS, I will be in LV in mid August, and hope we can hook up for a stick or two.

Sam,

There are times when people who are making every effort just have a run of bad luck - to me, those are the people that just need a little boost. The system isn't much, but hopefully it can help you relieve a bit of stress - enjoy :tu

Sorry to hear this Sam. Keep you're hopes up about them finding the stolen items, though. A friend of mine had his car broken into in March and the cops were able to track the guy down and recover everything.

I hope that the local PD has some smarts and investigates this properly... If I were you I would go to the local pawn shops and see if they have any of your guitars or anything... if you had a recognizable scratch or something on it, it will help. I know that in order to pawn it off they need to give their ID so if you find it your chances are higher at finding the criminal...

Next time you are in MN or at St. Croix Cigars please let me know, I will cancel any plans to come Herf!

Appreciate it man, alot of the pawn shops in vegas work pretty hand and hand with the police, so if anything comes in, it will signal a red flag, so the main thing is.. i havent seen anything yet, and really doubt i will be getting anything back, but i have come to terms with that, so i hope things will get better man, Thanks though :tu

Still looking forward to your arrival pete =] and if the help is still needed at the show, let me know, i am more then willing to lend the helping hand ;)

sorry to hear of your experience, Sam.
Other than the music, it's just stuff... and although it hurts, it can be replaced. The music you have made in the past is still in you, so you can rest assured it will come out again. Having stuff stolen is a trial by fire for many of us, and you will be more aware of how much you value your belongings. Being security aware in a large city is a huge life skill.
PS, I will be in LV in mid August, and hope we can hook up for a stick or two.

Sam,

There are times when people who are making every effort just have a run of bad luck - to me, those are the people that just need a little boost. The system isn't much, but hopefully it can help you relieve a bit of stress - enjoy :tu

Your the best mike! For how little you think the deed was, to me, its above and beyond man, your a great guy and i wish only the best comes your way brotha!
I had a blast with ya at the rtda here man, looking forward to our next smoke and chat on me :tu

Sorry to hear this Sam. Keep you're hopes up about them finding the stolen items, though. A friend of mine had his car broken into in March and the cops were able to track the guy down and recover everything.

As of now, nothing came of it, i just know it was some one in my large complex.. hell, could have easily been my next door neighbors, but the officer did nothing, just filed the report. If something good comes my way from this, i will appreciate it, but at the moment i really dont see it happening sean. Thanks though man, ill keep my head up as always :)

Sam my thoughts and prayers will be with you as this struggle continues. I hate to see this kind of misfortune happens to good people like yourself. Life is full of bullshit but here is a place where true friends are waiting when you need them.

Back