San Antonio

partagaspete

I Do Medical Things
I will be there for the third time this Saturday for a week and I know I want to be on the river walk (I know, I know Tourista, tourista.). I just love the atmosphere and food. The last Time I was there was like ten years ago. Anywhere nearby that is cigar friendly and if so SA BOTL want to meet up?

T

Bueller? Bueller?

I am sure I'll find something. I get one day on both sides of a week long field exercise so I am sure I'll find something. At least I know the Riverwalk and Taco Cabana.

Whats cool is I'll be in SA for TC's this week and than I'll get me some White Castle's in St. Lou later in the month.

T

Unfortunately I'm not in TX but your mentioning of Taco Cabana just made my mouth water. Living up north, the only "mexican" fast food you'll generally find is taco bell - which I've never eaten and never will. But Taco Cabana is some of the best fast food mexican I've found. Whenever I'm in TX, I'll eat there just about everyday even if its just a late night snack of a few fajitas before bed. Whatever you find to do, enjoy the weather and great food. Wish I could be there.

I wish you had posted this a little sooner, would have cleared some time in the schedule to join a brother for a herf. BTW TC's is not considered Mexican food in SA, not with so many other outstanding places too eat. Enjoy.

sorry i didn't see this post earlier otherwise i would have tried to gather up the troops to see if they were available for a mini herf. there are some great folks from SA and great places to go. there is the cigar club, north of the city close to 1604, has a decent bar, great atmosphere. on the river walk there is swigs, a cigar bar. you MUST go to paisanos, and try the shrimp paisano.

as far as mexican places to eat, not to dog on your TC's but thats a half step up from a Taco bell IMHO. there are some excellent places in town, since you are downtown check out Mi tierras, and as far as "fast food" mexican, check out las palapas. how long are you in town?

in the alley of the riverwalk mall there is a hole in the wall cigar store with lots to choose from. the name of the place escapes me but its a nice store.

Thank you for the replies and yes I too do not consider TC's as good mexican food but it is GREAT drunk food... I may go to Matiera's on the riverwalk If I am corect it was pretty good the last time. Thank you for the offers of a HERF but I doubt I would get to anyway. The airlines lost one of my bags and I go to the field tomorrow at 0 dark thirty. I went to Buffalo Wild Wings last and watched the fights, drank some Tecate and Patron. good time. Today I think I will buy some stuff for the field and ??? I'll try to find the cigar places on the river either today or friday (depending on when I get to). Thanks guys.

T

Back