San Cristobals on C-bid?

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Just curious, but has anyone noticed any of the relatively new San Cristobals showing up on the slope? CI stocks 'em, I'm just tryin' to pick up a few at half price, or less. Greed is a terrible thing. Sometimes.:ss

F. Prefect

Haven't seen them yet. Just try a search once in a while and maybe they will show up after all Cigars International (parent company) sales them so they could. :tu

I have been looking as well. I suspect even if they did show up on the Devil site that invariably people would bid them up well beyond retail as they do for most odf the Pepin's and other popular brands

Funny thing I was at my local grocery store today... (see my previous threads regarding Holiday Market) anyways I was at the market looking over the contents of the large cabinet humidor and sure enough they had the Clasico & Fabuloso. I picked up 5 Clasico @ $9 a stick. Not bad for California. So if they show up in the grocery store, who knows they could show up anywhere.:)

Just curious, but has anyone noticed any of the relatively new San Cristobals showing up on the slope? CI stocks 'em, I'm just tryin' to pick up a few at half price, or less. Greed is a terrible thing. Sometimes.:ss

F. Prefect

It may be hard to find them at a "steal" on c-bid, these are probably one of those cigars that would get overbid in the singles section.

You could check out holts, it seems like they usually have some nice samplers, although not at c-bid prices. Just an FYI. these are usually in the 8-11 dollar range for singles in the local b/m.

Last edited:
I'm just tryin' to pick up a few at half price, or less.

It's an Ashton, and a Pepin. You'd be lucky to get them for a buck under MSRP, and that would only be a deeply discounted box purchase (I was able to get a box of 22 fabulosos for less than $190, and was VERY pleased)

Ted

Nice avatar prof.

Am I alone in my feeling that the Cristobal is one of few cigars worth every dollar I spend on them? Just curious-

I just smoked my first one last Friday actually. The fun thing is imitating the parrot on the band the whole time you're smoking.

Nice avatar prof.

Am I alone in my feeling that the Cristobal is one of few cigars worth every dollar I spend on them? Just curious-

Nope. you're not alone. I feel they're VERY MUCH a $10.00 cigar, which is why I'm glad The Maduro Room got me a box of 22 for $190!

The avatar will be switching back since jjirons didn't come off the Padilla Achilles he said he'd send if I changed it.

The Clasico (robusto) (5.0" x 50) is $166.90 for a box of 22 (inc shipping) or a 5-pack for $43.00 (inc shipping) @ Cigars International.

That works out to around $7.59 per stick on a box. With Cigars International being the parent company of C-Bid I would imagine that if they where ever to show up there they could go for maybe $5-6 a stick.:)

The Clasico (robusto) (5.0" x 50) is $166.90 for a box of 22 (inc shipping) or a 5-pack for $43.00 (inc shipping) @ Cigars International.

That works out to around $7.59 per stick on a box. With Cigars International being the parent company of C-Bid I would imagine that if they where ever to show up there they could go for maybe $5-6 a stick.:)

Believe me, that would be be great...but it will never happen. I am on your side, I would love to buy a box of Cristobals for $110. The only problem-there are too many people such as Ted and myself who would pay more if they had to. That is why auctions are not always the best deals, they just seem surreal, suck you in, then do not deliver to your expectations. Supply and demand, I know the Prof. knows a little on that subject-

Believe me, that would be be great...but it will never happen. I am on your side, I would love to buy a box of Cristobals for $110. The only problem-there are too many people such as Ted and myself who would pay more if they had to. That is why auctions are not always the best deals, they just seem surreal, suck you in, then do not deliver to your expectations. Supply and demand, I know the Prof. knows a little on that subject-

If and when they show up at C-Bid I would assume it would be due to overstock, close-out or lack of consumer interest in the cigar. As long as they are selling well @ Cigars International there doesn't appear to be a logical marketing reason for them to dump them onto C-Bid.

On second thought there could be a situation where CI would need to up their per unit sales of San Cristobal in order to meet some goal with Ashton, who knows. :)

If and when they show up at C-Bid I would assume it would be due to overstock, close-out or lack of consumer interest in the cigar. As long as they are selling well @ Cigars International there doesn't appear to be a logical marketing reason for them to dump them onto C-Bid.

On second thought there could be a situation where CI would need to up their per unit sales of San Cristobal in order to meet some goal with Ashton, who knows. :)

Who knows...exactly. It is all speculation, I do not know why CI lists items on CBid. I would not imagine that they only entertain buyers with sticks that do not sell well from CI. All I can say is that Cristobals will not be overstocked, closed-out, nor fall into the "lack of consumer interest" pile anytime soon. Again, I am on your side here but I believe this falls under wishful thinking. If you have not had one, they are worth the price...

Back