San Diego B&M Question...

MarkinCA

SilverBack
:ms I'm traveling down to San Diego the week of Aug 11th in the afternoon to attend a golf tournament on Aug 12th and an investigators seminar on Aug 13th through Aug 15th. There appears to be a couple of B&M's in the area located about 6 miles from where I'm staying at in the Hotel Circle area:

Liberty Tobacco
7341 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 292-1772

Excalibur Cigar and Wine Lounge
8199 Clairemont Mesa
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 277-1148

How's the personality, cigar selection, and atmosphere at these two locations? It looks as if Liberty closes down at 7:00PM and Excaliber closes at 10:00PM during Monday through Friday. Guess I could hit one and then the other huh?:tu:ss

:ms I'm traveling down to San Diego the week of Aug 11th in the afternoon to attend a golf tournament on Aug 12th and an investigators seminar on Aug 13th through Aug 15th. There appears to be a couple of B&M's in the area located about 6 miles from where I'm staying at in the Hotel Circle area:

Liberty Tobacco
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 292-1772

8199 Clairemont Mesa
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 277-1148

How's the personality, cigar selection, and atmosphere at these two locations? It looks as if Liberty closes down at 7:00PM and Excaliber closes at 10:00PM during Monday through Friday. Guess I could hit one and then the other huh?:tu:ss
Liberty is the superior B&M but Excalibur is a fine one, too. Later hours and a wine bar make it enticing.
While I will be at The Shack herf, the other SHITers may be available to hook up with you.

I just started smoking and I also have tried to look up a few places and wanted to know how they were. I went to The Cuban Cigar Factory in Downtown San Diego on 5th becuase it was 1030 pm and the rest were closed. They had a descent slection but the prices were very high. They have a smoking area that was pretty cool. Also if you like people watching there are tons of restaurants right next to it were people just sit outside sip on some drinks and puff away. On the 11th Im going to LCDH in Tijuana so I'll be smokin some cubans.:ss

liberty is by far the best place, i would love to meet up with you also on monday, i'm there almost everyday at lunch

Liberty is a great place to hang out and relax. There are a couple of Excalibur cigar bars around, they are owned by brothers and they show the big fights. The Cuban Cigar Factory, there are a couple of those too, their prices really do cut deep, but you do get free tobacco larvae in your expensive Padron Anniversary gift sets.

I'm gonna be on the road early PM on Monday Aug 11th coming from the Santa Clarita Valley area to San Diego. Don't know if I'll be able to make the 7:00PM closing time for Liberty that day, but, on Tuesday Aug 12th, I have a golf tournament in the morning and am planning to be at Liberty's later between 4:00PM and 4:30PM, and that should give me a little smoking time before they close at 7:00PM. So, if you can make it, post and I'll see you there...:tu:ss

I'm gonna be on the road early PM on Monday Aug 11th coming from the Santa Clarita Valley area to San Diego. Don't know if I'll be able to make the 7:00PM closing time for Liberty that day, but, on Tuesday Aug 12th, I have a golf tournament in the morning and am planning to be at Liberty's later between 4:00PM and 4:30PM, and that should give me a little smoking time before they close at 7:00PM. So, if you can make it, post and I'll see you there...:tu:ss

I might actually be able to swing by. Not sure yet.

I was actually just in San Diego and stopped by the Cuban Cigar Factory on 5th because they were the only game nearby. Decent place but I agree the prices were quite high compared to what I am sued to seeing.

I did get a couple of their house smokes though as souvenirs.

I was actually just in San Diego and stopped by the Cuban Cigar Factory on 5th because they were the only game nearby. Decent place but I agree the prices were quite high compared to what I am sued to seeing.

Don't smoke them....strictly just to look at.

Tourism is a huge industry in San Diego. Couple that with the fact that you were in a downtown metropolitan location AND California's 46% of wholesale cigar tax, it's no wonder prices are high.

Where are you playing golf??

Liberty Tobacco
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 292-1772

8199 Clairemont Mesa
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 277-1148

If you come about another 7 miles north of Liberty Tobacco on Thursday the 14th you can herf with the S.H.I.Ters
PM me for the addy:)

If you come about another 7 miles north of Liberty Tobacco on Thursday the 14th you can herf with the S.H.I.Ters
PM me for the addy:)

PM sent...:tu

The Cuban Cigar Factory, there are a couple of those too, their prices really do cut deep, but you do get free tobacco larvae in your expensive Padron Anniversary gift sets.

Probably will stay away from here. My humi and coolerdor Angel have kept the little buggers away from my sticks so far during this journey:ss

Back