Sancho Panza Cap?

rack04

Addie's Daddy
Do all Sancho Panza Double Maduro's suffer from bad caps? I've had several and all have had serious issues.

Do all Sancho Panza Double Maduro's suffer from bad caps? I've had several and all have had serious issues.

The one i had today did. I cut it perfectly and the wrapper started unraveling. I was able to fix it with good ole saliva but i had to fix it once every 20 mins.

Yeah they all seem to want to unravel. It's irritating but not enough to stop me from buying them by the box.

Robert :ss

YES I have had many of the dbl maduros with cap problems. I have also heard many others complain about it also.

I have had the unraveling problem with this cigar's cap. However, for the price of the smoke, and its complexity of flavors I'm still going to buy it. I really think this is one of the best sticks for the price out there.

I've gone through several boxes of Double Maduro Cervantes and Quixotes. The caps are flimsy and look to be one, tiny layer. A cutter works better than a punch. It's kind of annoying but they are a good value cigar. I just can't figure out. If you're going to take time to put a cap on, why not do it right? The Double Maduros also come in stinky, lacquered boxes. Can't figure that out, either. Hey, S.P., save some money for you and us and sell the S.P.s in bundles.

I used to have similar problems with Punch Rothschild Oscuros, though the one last night had a good, solid cap.

WyoBob

All the SP double maduros I've smoked have unravelled to some degree... They are a tasty smoke though, & I will probably try them again.

Every box that I have ordered has had problems. For the price you can't beat them. I can live with cap problems as long as they taste good. What I have done is look at how the wrapper is as you pull it out of you mouth turn it with the twist of the cigar. That has worked with most that I have had.

Same here I guess I have been lucky. I have not smoked that many but I have found if you moisten the tip and give it a little time to absorb I dont have a problem with the cut or it unraveling.

Spit fixes everything!!!:tu

TT:cb

I got a box of the Cervantes last christmas and ive gone thru maybe half the box and only a few have had cap issues. I make sure to really moisten the cap on them (and all my cigars) before cutting and that seems to help.

I have noticed the same thing with every Double Maduro I've had. (not so much on the non-maduros, though.
The best remedy is wetting the cap as mentioned before, and using a sharp bouble-guilloutine cutter. I find that the Palio works great at just slicing off a thin little sliver. The don't seem to unravel nearly as much .

I agree with those who said it won't keep me from smoking them, though.:)
Definitely a bargain I'd buy again.

Back