Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote

MyMonkey

Young Ape
Yesterday afternoon I tried the Sancho Panza Double Maduro. Just thought I would try my hand at a brief review. Bare with me while my review skills are honed to the level of others on the forum. :ss

Setting: Revolutions in Oklahoma City. (Great B&M shop) Sampled with a bit of coffee also from Revolutions. Humidity 70%. Aged at least 3 months.

Lit with the trusty Ronson lighter, initial draw was very smooth and smoke was ample. The smooth silky draw continued on down the cigar length. One of the smoothest I can recall. Smoke billowed from this one, large plumes were evident constantly. It had a nice even burn.

Now on to the taste: Initially a bit of peppery spice but not enough to be overpowering. This faded to a deep nutty and coffee flavor with hints of cedar within. This continued down the length with variations of nuttiness and cedar as the burn moved along.

Rating: Darn near perfect. Excellent cigar and a great value at that.

Just got in two boxes from CI of the Quixote's. My normal morning smoke. Have one stuck in my pie hole as I type this. I think I initially discovered them a few years ago when they rated a 90+ in CA. One of the underrated/underloved sticks.

They DO produce some copious amounts of smoke don't they?? The occasional stick will produce smoke bomb type amounts simply sitting in the ashtray. For whatever reason any of the SP Dbl Maduro line seems to REALLY produce smoke. Try the larger vitolas too. VERY tasty.

Good Review...... FN in MT:cb

Just had one of these. I really enjoyed it and it was less than 5 bucks. After I smoked it the taste was gone. I really like that about a cigar. These are a great value.

Just had one of these. I really enjoyed it and it was less than 5 bucks. After I smoked it the taste was gone. I really like that about a cigar. These are a great value.

Paid $36.00 a box for the Quixote's from either Famous or CI a few weeks ago. $1.80 a stick online. Saves more Ca$h to try all the other great smokes out there.:ss

FN in MT:cb

Paid $36.00 a box for the Quixote's from either Famous or CI a few weeks ago. $1.80 a stick online. Saves more Ca$h to try all the other great smokes out there.:ss

FN in MT:cb

What a deal, going to check it out now. RG comin, its not much but I'll give what I can:tu

Yeah have a box in the humi, great sticks for the money, only problem I've had was the caps coming off easily. :ss

Yeah have a box in the humi, great sticks for the money, only problem I've had was the caps coming off easily. :ss

I used to smoke a lot of these. Try using a punch rather than a cuttter. If you must cut the tip, make it a thin cut.

Love 'em... any body tryed any of the other sizes? I know that they are all the same cigar but I understand that size can alter the flavor a bit.

Love 'em... any body tryed any of the other sizes? I know that they are all the same cigar but I understand that size can alter the flavor a bit.

Yep, the Escudero (7.25 x 54.) One of my favorites, a great smoke for the price--earthy mocha, with some sweet fruity notes, very smooth, mild/med body. The devil always has 5ers on auction for about $15.

I've smoked a few boxes of the Cervantes. I like the Quixote's a little bit better. The poor cap construction and "stinky boxes" (lacquer smell) are the only downside to these cigars. I do not put S.P. boxes in my coolers.

I have better luck with the caps with my Palio as opposed to my punch cutter. I moisten the cap before cutting which seems to help.

WyoBob

I've smoked a few boxes of the Cervantes. I like the Quixote's a little bit better. The poor cap construction and "stinky boxes" (lacquer smell) are the only downside to these cigars. I do not put S.P. boxes in my coolers.

I love the Panza boxes. I keep them to store stuff in. My humidor is too small to store whole boxes. But excellent point. When I get a cooler I'll put these in a different box or a zip lock bag before storing them.

The Corona sized La Mancha does seem a bit milder to me versus the larger Quixote. I've only sampled those two.

I agree that vitola can affect taste. The Joya De Nicaragua's in a larger vitola tend to be too strong for me. But in a Corona or Rothschild size they come across more MEDIUM instead of FULL. Then again I may smoke the smaller sizes SLOWER.

But everyones perceptions are a bit different.

FN in MT

Back