Sancho Panza Double Maduro

mdorroh

ChestBeater
This cigar is quickly becomming one of my go-to sticks. The flavors are consistant, as is the burn and construction. I've yet to have a bad one :)

These always seem to produce good volumes of smoke and taste great. I love the chocolate and coffee tastes. They are not to overpowering yet offer enough to satisfy you (or me at least). I know these have been reviewed many times but I jsut wanted to put my :2 out there. If you haven't tried these, it's worth it.

agreed. they're one of my favorites. (just don't buy them from Thompson as they're asking for about twice the amount everyone else is asking)

I just won a 5-pack off of CBid, should be here on Monday. I have liked these since I first tried one a couple of months ago.

I really like these but I wish they'd do a better job applying the cap. I just about grabbed one today for my daily cigar but grabbed a Punch Rothschild Oscuro instead. Boy, howdy, this is one of the better ones out of the box of 50.

So many cigars, so little time.

WyoBob

Thanks for the review. I have heard good things about these from other people as well, I will be picking up a few to try very soon.:tu

I was wondering what was up with people's comments about the caps until I tried one... Great smoke, but what was left of the cap came off after two draws. When it got down to about 1" left & the wrapper came right off as well... A little disappointing because I would have nubbed it.

these are outstanding sticks at any price as far as I am concerned. The cap construction could be better, but I'll deal with it for around 2 bucks or so a smoke by the box. I have a box of the quioxte (sp?) and have been trying singles of the la mancha, but they dont seem to be as pleasurable.

what sizes are you fellas smoking? I went through two boxes of escudaros and almost everyone was plugged in both boxes, drove me nuts!!!!

....kjpman

these are outstanding sticks at any price as far as I am concerned. The cap construction could be better, but I'll deal with it for around 2 bucks or so a smoke by the box. I have a box of the quioxte (sp?) and have been trying singles of the la mancha, but they dont seem to be as pleasurable.

I have both the Quixote and Cervantes and like the Quixotes a little better than the Cervantes. Yeah, for the price, I can put up with poorly applied caps but, most every other cigar maker seems to be able to apply caps pretty well. I guess I don't understand why S.P. can't. Also, I immediately take the cigars out of the laquered boxes. The last 6 boxes I received had an overwhelming smell of laquer paint. I'm sure not putting those boxes in my Igloo.

WyoBob

Had my first one of these with a friend and a bunch of Rolling Rock. Fabulous cigar that does not disappoint.:tu

This is a go-to cigar for me. Normally, I keep a couple boxes of the La Mancha in my humi. Always have trouble with the cap but the cigar is so good I accept the problem.

Robert :ss

Last edited:
I've enjoyed some Sancho Panzas, but the few I had smoked like a chimney. Meaning as I hold it, it billows off smoke. What would cause this? It almost looks like there's oil or wax on the wrapper. Could they be too moist?

Other than that, pretty tasty cigar.

Back