Sancho Panza Double Maduro

I had tried one of these in the La Mancha size a couple of weeks back. While it was ok I was left thoroughly unimpressed by my first outing with Sancho Panza (Hon). Never one to give up so easily I picked up another a couple of days ago. This time I tried the Escudero. However this cigar also left me unimpressed and dissapointed.

The construction of the cigar was pretty well made with no noticeable flaws. It was a nice dark wrapper that was very pleasing to the eye. It did not have any noticeable pre-light scent, which was surprising. Upon light-up I tasted an initial acrid taste which left me grimacing. After the first couple of puffs the bitter taste went away and was replaced by........... nothing at all. I mean seriously the flavor was almost non-existent to me. Figuring it might pick up near the end I plowed ahead and tried to enjoy the smoke in the beautiful night air. However it was not to be, as near the end I still did not notice anything of substance. To me, its a cheap cigar for a cheap price which was unappealling to say the least.

I would not recommend this cigar to my friends. However, I will try more of the Sancho Panza line because I've heard good things about the Xtra Fuerte line.

LX,
The cigar you smoked might have been going through it's "sick" period. I have found the SPDM to be a very flavorful inexpensive maduro, but that's just me.

Doesn't sound like any of the Sancho's I have smoked!

Everyone has opinions on cigars, but when I hear things like non-existant taste for a cigar that has a lot of flavor I suspect the reviewer got a bad stick. If you would have said you just didn't like the flavor that would be another story.

I would like to recommend you give these another try sometime, as they are very nice smokes for the money. Try the Quixote size, that is the only one I have smoked - perhaps other sizes in the line don't do the blend justice.

-Matt-

I'll chime in with my two cents here. I've found that I really like the double maduro line. I think they are a great smoke for the price and have found them to have a nice flavor. I do agree that everyone's taste is different so maybe you just got some bum sticks. I really like this line and would recommend it to others. I hope you try it again and have a better experience.

Maybe I did just get a bum stick. I hope that's what it is because I've read really good reviews about them. I think I'll give it awhile and then try another. Thanks for letting me know of your experiences with them.

Sorry about your bad experience. I keep a couple of boxes of SPDM Quixote's on hand all the time. For a short smoke and the price I don't think they can be beat. I did find however that they needed to rest awhile first. Also have you tried thr Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte? Another great smoke IMHO.

these are good smokes. yours might have been wet or young or they might not have been to your taste. they are pretty earthy and black coffee tasting but they are not a super heavy smoke. the sancho panza line is a somewhat lighter offering than their regular punch/hoyo/el rey del mundo and the spdm is a little lighter than their other maduros. you might like a stronger smoke, in which case you want the sp extra fuerte, or the bolivar fuerte.

Back