Iceman

Maturing Primate
Santa Damiana 600

Wrapper – Connecticut Shade
Filler - Dominican
Binder - Dominican
Ring Size - 50
Length – 6.00”

Construction: Very firm. Parejo. A well made cigar. Smooth light brown wrapper. Impressive looking cigar.

Prelight: Spicy scent. Used a punch cut to open the head.

Burn: Lit evenly. Perfect burn. Did not require a re-light. Stayed cool the whole time.

Draw: Very easy. A nice mouthful of very creamy smoke with each draw.

Smoking notes: Fantastic cigar. Nice and smooth. A very nice spicy and wheaty taste. A medium bodied cigar. Purged it a few times and the great taste came right back.

Overall Impression: I thought this was a fantastic cigar and will be smoking this one again. A very enjoyable experience. In my top 5 cigars.

This cigar rates an A.

I highly recommend this cigar, especially to anyone who likes Griffins, Gispert, Montesino, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real, Macanudo, or Don Diego.

hpim1398ak7.jpg

Iceman,

great review, probably because I agree with you. What's that "tongue in cheek" saying --- "Great minds think alike"!!

I might have said they are a little shy of medium to my palate, but loads of flavor and a perfectly behaved cigar -- constuction, burn, draw, light, stays lit, etc etc.

They were closing out at TNT awhile ago and I still regret not picking some up. Watch JR cigar auction sight for good deals on these

Cheers,

BillyBarue

Great review.
I have a box of these in the humi, everyone I've tried was a great smoke for a med/mild cigar.

DHL just dropped off my CBID winnings. I bought the special they had inwhich you received these guys plus some Don Deigo Churchills and a lighter. I have never heard of these "Santa Damiana" before. Looks like a great review on them. I will rest mine for a week then try one.

I know this is an old review, but I smoked one of these yesterday morning. Perfect mild cigar to start the day. Recieved one of these from a CI sampler deal. Not a bad stick. I've had better, but not bad. Will smoke again.:tu

Back