Semper Fi, Sempy Gumby, Semper Chow...

Mister Moo

The Pinnacle of Style
Semper Stogie.

Frank/Floydp/Anita - this was a PIF for the generous piles of cigars you have put in front of me in the past year.

I went to DC to visit my daughter and pass along some tableware from her grandmother on Memorial Day, Saturday. We had a fine day and enjoyed some coffee (at the Illy shop) along with a three hour walk that took us from her apartment thru the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the World War II Memorial. She is a teriffic kid and puts up with my urban(e) wardrode.

LizzieDC.jpg

On the drive home, which passes the Marine Corps Memorial, I stopped and visited the Iwo Jima monument for the first time. There are not enough words to express the power of this place - especially at a time when Marines are, every day, going above above and beyond in service to America's policy. I tip my hat to all veterans - yes, even Marines - and offer my prayers for the men and women in service today for their safe return.

iwoDC.jpg

I had brough a handful of cigars with me with the intention of a PIF for a few Marines or veterans who may have been at the monument. It was Rolling Thunder weekend in DC and it did not take long to find four USMC vets. They showed their credentials and I awarded them OUR thanks and a handful of fat cigars courtesy of Frank and Anita.

gyrenesDC.jpg

These fellows look like they might have a few rough edges but there were only warm thanks (to Frank), firm handshakes and kind wises all around.

This regular Army Airborne Miltary Police vet sez, one time, "Semper Fi."

Semper Stogie.

Frank/Floydp/Anita - this was a PIF for the generous piles of cigars you have put in front of me in the past year.

I went to DC to visit my daughter and pass along some tableware from her grandmother on Memorial Day, Saturday. We had a fine day and enjoyed some coffee (at the Illy shop) along with a three hour walk that took us from her apartment thru the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the World War II Memorial. She is a teriffic kid and puts up with my urban(e) wardrode.

LizzieDC.jpg

On the drive home, which passes the Marine Corps Memorial, I stopped and visited the Iwo Jima monument for the first time. There are not enough words to express the power of this place - especially at a time when Marines are, every day, going above above and beyond in service to America's policy. I tip my hat to all veterans - yes, even Marines - and offer my prayers for the men and women in service today for their safe return.

iwoDC.jpg

I had brough a handful of cigars with me with the intention of a PIF for a few Marines or veterans who may have been at the monument. It was Rolling Thunder weekend in DC and it did not take long to find four USMC vets. They showed their credentials and I awarded them OUR thanks and a handful of fat cigars courtesy of Frank and Anita.

gyrenesDC.jpg

These fellows look like they might have a few rough edges but there were only warm thanks (to Frank), firm handshakes and kind wises all around.

This regular Army Airborne Miltary Police vet sez, one time, "Semper Fi."

Thats one of kewlest things I ever did see Dan.

i wish our country felt the same as the US towards their veterns and current enlisted personal

when i do get a chance i try to thank and remember them as much as i can

cheers to all the americans that serve to protect not only their own but us as well.

and cheers to all the civilians that show their respect :tu

wow Dan!! that's just plain awesome and I sure wish we'd thought to do the same when we went to DC... I'm just speechless. Wish we could have been there with you. Puts meaning to Memorial Day. Thank you Dan!

Back