Shipping cigars overseas to Iraq

BigDawgFan

Up Next-Ugly Orange Team
I have a friend in Iraq and I was wanting to send him some cigars. Does anyone have any ideas about the best and cheapest way to do this? He said it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for the mail.
Thanks in advance for any help.
BigDawgFan

I have a friend in Iraq and I was wanting to send him some cigars. Does anyone have any ideas about the best and cheapest way to do this? He said it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for the mail.
Thanks in advance for any help.
BigDawgFan

Check with TriShield when he gets back for the Chicago Herf

What I did was order some cigars from Famous and they shipped them to my friends APO address he got them no problem...

I've shipped a few things using the APO address and as mentioned...they were received with no problems.

I send all mine usps priority.
Make sure to bag them up good and use good padding in the box.
You can use tracking with your shipment. It averages about 7 to 10 days to
get there, but depending on where they are stationed could be longer.
You will have to fill out a customs form. I have been sending a whole bunch
of stationary to Iraq lately ;)

Hope this helps. It is really easy and inexpensive to ship to them. :tu

I send all mine usps priority.
Make sure to bag them up good and use good padding in the box.
You can use tracking with your shipment. It averages about 7 to 10 days to
get there, but depending on where they are stationed could be longer.
You will have to fill out a customs form. I have been sending a whole bunch
of stationary to Iraq lately ;)

Hope this helps. It is really easy and inexpensive to ship to them. :tu

:tpd:

The post office explained to me that it is actually domestic shipping. You are just paying to ship to their unit base stateside and that the army or other service takes care of the shipping overseas since they throw it on a regularly scheduled cargo plane. You still have to fill out the customs form because the package is traveling overseas and you are responsible for the contents. I spent less than a dollar a pound for shipping + insurance when I shipped a 20 pound package to Baghdad.

It is same price as domestic shipments. I have sent a few bombs over and all have made it without problem.

Check the USPS website for a list of items that are restricted... like lighters, pork products, alcohol, and etc.

Back