Short review of some CI Legends

roarknumber1

ChestBeater
Pepin (yellow) Yes (spicy)

Camacho (white) Yes! (sweet)

Cusano (gray) NO

I should be getting some RP Legends in soon; review to follow.

That is all.

Last edited:
I like the Purple (Graycliff) but they are sometimes quite under filled.

I've wanted to try those, but for some reason they cost more than all the others and on CBID everyone overbids.

I've had the double espresso and liked it. I wouldnt pay a lot for them either.

Graycliffs are overpriced IMO

I've wanted to try those, but for some reason they cost more than all the others and on CBID everyone overbids.

I've had the double espresso and liked it. I wouldnt pay a lot for them either.

Graycliffs are overpriced IMO

You just gotta get the right auction. ;)

I'm smokin' the hell out of a GC Blue right now. Life is good.

I like Legends White (Camacho).

Legends Cusano (forget the color) was ok but forgettable.

I had a single Legends Orange (Rocky patel). I wasn't expecting much, due to the fact I had just finished an incredibly strong RP Edge and downed six or seven fingers of Gentlemen's Jack. My taste buds were about dead at that point. But still, the Legends Orange smoked well, had a little spicy kick to it.. definitely worth a repeat look in the future.

I forgot that I had the Matasa (blue)

Pepin (yellow) Yes (spicy)

Camacho (white) Yes! (sweet)

Cusano (gray) NO

Matasa (blue) eh.

I really like the idea of legends rather than house blends from one manufacturer. Although I think the rules were too stringent. It would be nice to have let them really shine that way. Like drew estate could have done something new with infusion. Pepin could have made something more like his others with a smaller ring Gage and so on. So all the brands can show what they do best.

Like I said I think it was a great idea but could have been done better. I have only tried the yellow and I think the only other I am interested in is the Greycliff since I haven't had one before. (due to high price)

I suppose the whole thing was to try and show the blending abilities of the blenders. I would like to see this happen again with less rules like I said and maybe make the price point higher and make that the only rule is say anything they want to do for under $100 a box of 20-25.:2 This is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Now about reviewing them. Like I said before I have only tried the Yellow and yes I believe it is a good cheap Pepin it is spicy and If I could not afford his higher priced blends I would buy these. *Removed* I answered myself below:

Forget my questions on if the copper was infused or not I found out it is. To bad its amaretto and hazelnut nasty :pu IMO they should have picked something that was slightly infused with flavors that are not so strong and sounds like a terrible attempt at making a coffee-ish cigar. IMO it should have been something like the def sea ive never had it but jasmin and honey dosent sound all that bad.

Last edited:
I think the only other I am interested in is the Greycliff since I haven't had one before. (due to high price)

I tried the Graycliff about six weeks ago. I really liked it.

I would like to see this happen again with less rules like I said and maybe make the price point higher and make that the only rule is say anything they want to do for under $100 a box of 20-25.:2

Let me be the first to vote AGAINST higher price points.

is the drew estate blend an infused cigar or an attempt to make a regular cigar? If it is regular correct me if I am wrong but was this their first attempt at making a regular cigar? As I believe Chateau Real were their first UN-infused blend and i think but am not sure that it was released after the legend?

I am pretty sure I read on CI the Drew Estate is an infused blend.

The only one that I've tried was the Camacho legend which for the money, was pretty decent. I'd like to try the Pepin legend out of curiosity. One of these days I'll pick up a few, but for now, I'm having a difficult time buying much else than Tat Brown labels. :dr

:tpd: Scored a fiver at CI last summer and liked them very much as well.

:tpd::tpd: Graycliff was a very interesting smoke, one that I really liked. Perdomo was ok, interesting, but nothing to brag about. I have a couple Pepins to try soon... looking forward to them. :)

The Red Perdomo and the Orange RP are really good smokes. Have smoked several Orange. I have 6 other varieties courtesy of the BABOTLs and can't wait to try them.

The red Perdomo recently was on special at CI. Sweet shortie (and vice versa), well-built, spicy taste, oily feel, oodles of smoke, an emphatic medium cigar.

Back