Short Story. My first review.

reggiebuckeye

Proud Member of the 1%.
I have smoked lots of cigars in my time here. I am definitely learning to trust the tastes of my fellow gorillas. I heard so much about this cigar, I finally broke down and bought one.

The construction was awesome. I spent all day looking at the wrapper and waiting to smoke it.

The prelight draw was ok. I did not cut the foot, so I did not expect an extremly easy draw from the little whole in the foot. The draw got easier once the fisrt third opened up.

The light went well. Got the a nice spicy pull from it. It gave good smoke. I did have to touch it up once, but It didn't bother me at all after that.

The taste: I loved the taste of this cigar from the begining to the end. I am not an expert at telling what I got, but I liked what I got a lot. The aftertaste was wonderful. I am guessing a woodsy or leathery taste all the way through. I knew not to puff too hard or often because of the size. I didn't want this one to get too hot on me either.

All I can say is I love this cigar. I have been smoking cigars for ten years, and this is the first that I was just absolutely upset it had to end. I took it to the nub. I almost cried when I had to let it go. I will be looking for more of these to age and somke later.

I can now say my top 5 has changed.
1) AF Short Story
2) Don Pepin black
3) 5 vegas "A"
4) LFD Double Ligero
5) tie between Perdomo Champagne and La Gloria Cubana Series R #4

Nice review. I too gave into all the hype last night and smoked the one I had. It lived up to its reputation for sure.

Still have not had one of these. Guess I'll have to break down and get one. Have to by the ol' b&m today anyway. Good review.
:cb

Man that cigar sound so good. But I have never had one, they are so hard to find where i live always out of stock at my B&M. Some day i will get my hands on one,,, can't wait to try one :ss

Back