Should I be mad at the Devil Site

n3uka

Say no to curried goat!
I recently purchased 2 orders of Gurkha Signature '101' Maduro
Robusto #4 - 10 Cigars

The pic on the site showed the following and is what I was expecting:
CB-8BA6050-10.jpg

The cigars I received did not have the Gurkha band on them, just the signature band. I emailed and they said they would exchange the cigars and I must return them unopened. Could only return 3 - 5 packs as I had already opened one to inspect.

Received the replacement today and got exactly what I had to begin with.

p1000136_large.jpg

I am wondering if these are factory seconds. They weren't advertised as that. I have not received a response from them yet.

Wow, I've never seen that happen before. From what it sounds/looks like, they might be 2nds, and if they are (and like you said, weren't advertised like that), then you have every right to be pi$$ed. Good luck, man.

I recently purchased 2 orders of Gurkha Signature '101' Maduro
Robusto #4 - 10 Cigars

The pic on the site showed the following and is what I was expecting:
CB-8BA6050-10.jpg

The cigars I received did not have the Gurkha band on them, just the signature band. I emailed and they said they would exchange the cigars and I must return them unopened. Could only return 3 - 5 packs as I had already opened one to inspect.

Received the replacement today and got exactly what I had to begin with.

p1000136_large.jpg

I am wondering if these are factory seconds. They weren't advertised as that. I have not received a response from them yet.

I got the exact same thing in. I had to look at the order form to figure out what they were. I wrote it off because the hassle of dealing with big companies isn't worth it sometimes. I think if you are upset and think you were bamboozled you should call them and complain. I too wonder why they weren't as advertised. I just figured (in my noobish ways) that the smaller sizes didn't come with the top band.

Looks like they are getting rid of the last K.Hansotia bands. The cigars are suposedly the same, but customers were having trouble pronouncing the name, so they decided to call them Gurkha 101, Symphony's, etc for marketing strategy. Technically, they're the same smoke with a little more age on em! STILL, I would call and talk to someone about it! Good luck.

Those sticks you received are the same as the Gurkha Sig 101. The only difference is the appreance of the Gurkha band. I believe there was a little something on this, in one of the latest CI catalogs. :ss

I really don't think there is a problem here unless you just want the Gurkha bands. Until recently the various K. Hansotia belnds (101, Gold, Signature, etc.) did not have Gurkha bands. I suspect they decided that they sold better when saying Gurkha so added the extra band. I have lots of them that don't say Gurkha and think they are good smokes.

Frank

Most of these where going to be given away.
If they where only for me I wouldn't care.

If they didn't have the band, all they had to do was mention it in the description.
Or show the correct photo. Wouldn't have been any hassle then.

I'd be upset if they were different smokes but, according to the most recent CI catalog, I believe they are the same smokes, previously made w/o a Gurkha band that just now changed the name just a bit and added a band. Same exact blend so I wouldn't worry. Then again...I do love those Gurkha bands and you wouldn't be out of line to ask for an exchange.

I'd be upset if they were different smokes but, according to the most recent CI catalog, I believe they are the same smokes, previously made w/o a Gurkha band that just now changed the name just a bit and added a band. Same exact blend so I wouldn't worry. Then again...I do love those Gurkha bands and you wouldn't be out of line to ask for an exchange.

Yeah, I agree. Even if it is still the same stick, its false advertisement. I was thinking about getting in on this deal just to have some quality yet relatively cheap smokes around for the moochers this summer, but now I am sort of glad I didn't. Not that they would have known the difference or band, but I would have been upset when they came.

I really don't think there is a problem here unless you just want the Gurkha bands. Until recently the various K. Hansotia belnds (101, Gold, Signature, etc.) did not have Gurkha bands. I suspect they decided that they sold better when saying Gurkha so added the extra band. I have lots of them that don't say Gurkha and think they are good smokes.

Frank
:tpd:

Yes I would have CBID replace them. They are the same cigars as you ordered, but as people said they are now relabeled and have added the Gurkha band. Having done this I have noticed the bids are a good bit higher now. So this boils down to marketing, whereby the Gurkha label is bringing a higher price than before. Caveat Emptor, I won't comment on the lunatic bidding you see sometimes at CBID.

Bottom line, you got the same cigar you ordered, but you didn't get the packaging it was supposed to come in. If it is worth the hassle to you than I would have CBID fix it. If not, I think you can be confidant in the fact you got the cigars you ordered.

CBID does some bait and switch, but I see it only in the samplers, where they almost always say (in small print) "substitutions are rare, but sometimes occur". I say it happens about 30% of the time from my experience. Ususally not big enough deal to bother with, but I did insist on an exchange once. That was a while ago, and I don't know how easy it is now.

FWIW,

BillyBarue

What got me was they said no problem to a replacement with the corrected merchandise and then sent me exactly the same thing I already had.

I agree, I would have probably not bid if they had shown the correct item in there pic.

What got me was they said no problem to a replacement with the corrected merchandise and then sent me exactly the same thing I already had.

I agree, I would have probably not bid if they had shown the correct item in there pic.

Than the marketing got you to buy the cigar, therefore It sounds like you should either insist on the correct banding, as you wanted originally, or return the cigars.

BillyBarue

I say that this is no big deal. Cigarbid often shows a picture of something that's not exactly what they are selling. For example click on any Punch lot and you will see the same pic. That's why it says "see description for exact detail".

I would be. If a picture is used as part of the advertising be it online or in a catalog, you should get 'exactly' what is represented by the photo. I believe I would have to have a little talk with them.:mad:

F. Prefect

Personally, I don't care one bit about the band, so I wouldn't have a problem in your situation. I guess I would actually see it as a good thing. If all of the new ones are labeled as Gurkhas, that means yours atleast have a couple of months on them; gives them a nice head start.

Back