Should I go postal?

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
Checked the DC# for a fiver King Cat had mailed Tuesday.
The USPS said it was delivered yesterday at 2:30 pm.
But not to my mailbox.
Maybe my one of my neighbors is enjoying the Sig II's.

semi-rethorical question:
What kind of recourse does one have?
Probably none I would imagine.

I could rant, but that never solves anything.
Oh well.....

discalimer: Not faulting King Cat whatsoever. Chit happens.

First, check the DC number to see if it even went to the right damned zip code. If it's in your neighborhood, I'd definitely go to the PO with the DC number and ask. Most letter carriers would remember something like that, and in fact the recipient may have placed the parcel back into their mailbox with a "Not At This Address" notice, and it's sitting at the local post office.

I'd get on it right away.

Pete, definitely contact your post office. About a month ago something similar happened and what ended up being the case is that the post office accidentally held onto the package for some reason. The DC# showed that it was delivered, but what it meant was that it was delivered to the Post Office, not the destination address. Therefore, first follow up with your Post Office and see what they can do. If the package continues to go missing (you have to wait 10 days), then you can file a missing package with the USPS and they will do an investigation in an effort to locate it. I've never had to to do this, but that is the next step (after you first call your local USPS).

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Small town post office.
Called them, they had a substitute carrier on the route yesterday.
The gentleman I spoke with said she is somewhat prone to making errors.
HUH??
And the let her handle the public's mail? :confused:

He'll call her at home and see if she remembers the package and what she did with it.
It will be an interesting excercise in any event.

This quickly becam a non-issue.
I can put my blood pressure meds back in my pocket.
The package was mis-delivered.
They have already retrieved it, and will deliver it 'correctly' today.

:w :w

Bigga Petey said:
Thanks guys.
Small town post office.
Called them, they had a substitute carrier on the route yesterday.
The gentleman I spoke with said she is somewhat prone to making errors.
HUH??
And the let her handle the public's mail? :confused:

He'll call her at home and see if she remembers the package and what she did with it.
It will be an interesting excercise in any event.

hello, Newman...

Bigga Petey said:
This quickly becam a non-issue.
I can put my blood pressure meds back in my pocket.
The package was mis-delivered.
They have already retrieved it, and will deliver it 'correctly' today.

:w :w

That's very good news Pete. Now you can fire one up and enjoy! :w

Don't be too hard on your local postal worker, they can have it pretty tough, as one postal worker once declared, "...the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, It's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, but the more you get out, the more it keeps coming. And then the bar code reader breaks. And then it's Publisher's Clearinghouse day."

There is no other service you can purchase that provides so much for so little. Imagine being able to drop an envelope in a box (that is conveniently located) and for $.39 have it hand delivered anywhere in the country! Imagine....

DWSC_Bob said:
and for $.39 have it hand delivered anywhere in the country! Imagine....
The word you're missing in here is theoretically delivered. :rolleyes:

But yes, all things being equal, it really is amazing. I don't know how the USPS is to deal with if you need to make a claim, but for what we do around here at CS, it's awesome.

DWSC_Bob said:
There is no other service you can purchase that provides so much for so little. Imagine being able to drop an envelope in a box (that is conveniently located) and for $.39 have it hand delivered anywhere in the country! Imagine....

No doubt about it.

I tend to chuckle to myself when some complain about the cost of a stamp increasing a whopping two cents. There is no better bargain. Wal-Mart couldn't even do that.

I'm certainly not angry about the detour the package took.
If it were a perfect world..... but it's not.

Life is still good....

I wish more things in life were this amazingly cheap but awesomely handy. Because, I mean, I could sure go for a $.39 cheeseburger, $.39 fries, and $.39 shake hand delivered to my door any day.

Franksmith said:
Are we talking Sig II ISOM's?

I'm just curious if we are exposing a supplier here.

Those would be the new Papermate Limited Edition Sig II ballpoint pens.
Extreeeemely rare, and coveted by the knowledgable collector.

Franksmith said:
Are we talking Sig II ISOM's?

I'm just curious if we are exposing a supplier here.

Looks like it was just a couple guys swapping some cigars...and pens.

Back