Show us your Ashtray thread

C-GAR001.jpg

here's mine,they aren't that clean any more.:D

I see a lot of stinky ashtrays, but I wonder, why not solder on some bent pressed coins onto a stainless steel mixing bowl, and call it good? It seems that's is all the stinky consist of.

Souvenir Pennies like this, and bend them into a concave shape.

maallstarq.jpg

Matt

12-31-07_RPVintage1990004.jpg

You can see it there in the background. Bought it off of Ebay...what I really like is that I've never seen one quite like it. I wish the bowl were a bit deeper though, but over all I'm quite pleased.

Funny, I was thinking of starting the same thread just the other day.

Good thing it was already started. http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69867

I see a lot of stinky ashtrays, but I wonder, why not solder on some bent pressed coins onto a stainless steel mixing bowl, and call it good? It seems that's is all the stinky consist of.

Souvenir Pennies like this, and bend them into a concave shape.

maallstarq.jpg

Matt

Try it and post some pictures for us and let us know how it works :tu

Bad picture because I'd just taken it out of the packaging so it looks "dusty" it's actually from the styrofoam packaging. I didn't bother cleaning it off when I took the pic because it didn't look too bad. The flash amplified it :p

dsc03920qi1.jpg

Hijacking my own thread here. I'm sure it's been covered numerous times. Yes, the search button is your friend. But it doesn't always reveal the answers. When I can't find an ashtray thread by typing in the word Ashtray, I give up and start a new one. Apologies to anyone that is offended by this. A last note on the search. It reveals threads sometimes that are many years old. I was reading one the other day and most of the posters were no longer active at CS. I realize that many of the FOGs and even non-newbies have seen a lot of the same threads before. Sometimes posting the URLs for them (as the two that did here are good). Much appreciated.

I'm looking forward to some unique pix.

I've always treated an ashtray (or cat food can) as the very last thing
I consider (vs, say, a humidor choice) because all the options I've ever
investigated just seemed boring (metal or glass blah blah blah... some logo).

I've been thinking about fixing the conundrum by welding up some free standing uniquely styled metal ash trays, maybe combining some cool styling with functionality (like a little pocket or tray to put the lighter / cutter / scotch on)....

Hmmm....

Here is a pic of mine. In the lower left is my favorite ashtray. It is a heirloom from my grandparents. It's made of bronze in 1946 by the German sculptor Fritz Nuss. It has nude women (graces, nymphs) dancing around its rim.
On the right the yellow one is an Andy Warhol ashtray, a gift from my godmother.
The one with the horse if a French one, gift from my mother. I use it only as a vide poche (to empty my pockets). I am not snob enough yet to use that as an ashtray. The one by the artist was used as an ashtray before so I have now problem with that.
In the center left there is a nice two part ashtray of brushed aluminum. One part supports the cigar and the other part holds the ashes. I do use that one when I feel "designy".:D
On top left is a cast alu ashtray, a gift from a friend in Germany. Obviously this is the one I use most together with the one by Nuss.

I would love to have one of the Dupont ashtrays with the movable cigar holders. Those are nice! I really like the Tatuaje ashtray that was posted above. Where did you get that?

Also, a crystal ashtray is something I eventually want to possess. I'll have to snoop around in the family, he,he.

Till

attachment.php

Nice stuff. One reason I posted this obviously is because I can't find an ashtray I like. I'm very design oriented and hmmm... dare I say a picky *$&#%! lol For a HERF I can see the value in a Stinky, but I have a tiny patio and I need something that not only looks good, but is functional for up to two and looks cool.

I saw the DECA ashtray in CA and thought I'd found something I could use and appreciate. However, the cost is high. I tracked it to here. Anyone work in a machine shop that could make me an ashtray similar to the CALIPER model but holding 2 cigars?

I looked for the One Off red piece I saw in another thread (sweet ashtray), but haven't been able to track one down yet (another downfall of reading old threads - lol)

Sidenote: That AVO table is off the chain. Duh-haaamn. Please tell that story.

Back