Sleepers, Surprises and Mopeds.......

stig

CS Death Bookie
I'm sure that you are looking here because of that moped thing in the title so here's is what I want to know. Everyone has a sleeper cigar, that cigar that you found that no one else really talks about but you know is real tasty and think others would like. Then there is the surprises, those cigars that you weren't expecting much from that just blew you socks off when finaly got around to smoking it. And last but certainly not least is the moped factor, (always fun to ride until your friends see you doing it) those cigars that you really like but don't ususaly smoke around your friends for fear of that "What the Ehll are you thinking smoking that" look from them. So tell me, what are your sleepers surprises and mopeds?

Sleepers - Gurkha Havana Sekection / ASH Experience

Surprises - El Original (didn't know anything about it and expected it to be a yard gar but it was gooooood)

Mopeds - Kahlua cigars and those Damned ACID Blue lines. (yeah I know, shut up)

Next

Leseeeee:

Sleeper: LVH Early Years Renegade (I've been aging these puppies for a year now, and the get better and better as time goes by)

Surprise: LFD Chisel (Excellent smoke!)

Moped: Kuba Kuba, baby (well, the last one I had was kinda funky, but most I've had were good)

Sleeper: La Finca, ( great cigar that gets very little press and no lip service)

Surprise: Torcedors, (got them for a knock around, mowing the lawn smoke and really liked them)

Moped: Torcedors, (I'd only smoke them at the house)

Grinch OUT!!!

Sleeper:Connie 84
Surprise:Conn. Yankee
Moped:Cannabis j/k i dont have a cigar i would'nt smoke w/someone else...

Sleeper: La Unica natural; deep sleeper

Surprise: IT Cameroon Legend

Moped: PSD4 :rolleyes: Well, maybe I really don't have one.

Hey! what's this about mopeds? are we embarased to be seen on scooters too? I've had a couple vespas in my day and a couple Hondas... still have a Elite 250 rusting in the side yard...:c

sleepers: most of the Gurka stuff I've tried so far... haven't had many, but they were all cheap (most were less than $2/stick thru the devilsite), and so far I've liked 'em all.

surprises: I'm easily surprised so it's not unusual, but the most recent surprise (good) for me was Fire (Indian Tabac) Double Corona Corojo... bought them for nefarious purposes for about a buck each... didn't expect to like em, but I did.

moped: Macanudo Hyde Park... what?
scooter: Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park 'cause it's a little stronger.

Sleeper: Torano Cameroon- there is a lot of Torano talk but not much on the 1916.

Surprises: IT Super Fuerte Maduro

Moped: Nothing I can think of.

DaKlugs said:
sleeper - Tamboril ...yummy :pu
surpises - Cremosa cubana... I suprised the sh!t outta alotta monekys with this one
moped - Dunhill Cabinettas.... POS yard gars to me
still waitin for my yard gar Klugs:D

sleeper: torano 1916 camarooooooon!

suprise: rey miguel. it is pepin after all, but even TASTIER than i expected.

moped: joya de havana. big outdoorsy powerhouse.

Sleeper: Connecticut Yankee
Suprise: JFR Robusto - store owner gave me one and thought twice before smoking it; sure glad I did!
Moped: La Finca. I admit to liking them; but won't be seen/smelled smoking "La Stinkas"

Sleeper: AB Auth Corojo -- darn good smokes!

Surprise: REO -- A store owner gifted me my first and I was shocked how much I liked it.

Moped: Macanudo Maduro BdR Shhhhhhhhhh! :D

:ms NCRM

Sleeper: Bolivar Cofradia
Surprises: Camaguey-thanks to Stig
Mopeds: Maroma-mild cigar that is great in the morning.

SLEEPERS: Phillips & King 'Cuban Rejects' Toro Maduro $2x20 in my local B&M.

SURPRISES: Indian Tabac 'Super Fuerte' Torpedo Maduro. The name made me think they would be overpowering and probably harsh, but I found them to be smooth and creamy, more top end of medium than strong. Great $2 online cigar if you shop with care.

MOPEDS: I have no shame. I have court documentation to prove that assertion. How was I to know people could see us from the freeway? My local B&M carries a $1x20 AllAmericas from Nicaragua (with a faux stars & bars wrapper and band design) that I will happily smoke when times are hard.

Last edited:
Sleeper: Ash Experience - damnit Stig, stealing my cigar!!:c :p

Surprise: Indian Tabac Anni Ltd Rsve Toro - cheap stick that is very enjoyable.

Moped: Well, it really depends on the friends, but I do enjoy the occasional TeAmo, usually a maduro.

...I do enjoy the occasional TeAmo, usually a maduro.

I have never tried one of these, but I am pleased to see someone has the courage not to gargle in the rat race choir. There is a fair amount of Mexican tobacco around, often appearing blends from top end brands, and TeAmo sells well south of the border. Sometimes it is hard to know if a widely broadcast opinion is an independent part of a consensus, or just an expression of the herding instinct. If blind smoking was a precondition of making public pronouncements, then I think there would be a more level playing field, a few surprises, and more than a few red faces... and we all know that free smokes are the very best obtainable, anywhere, anytime!

Sleeper: Punch Rare Corojo. I haven't had one of these in awhile (my B&M ran out). They're damn tasty, and they really don't get a lot of attention here on CS. I love 'em, and they're cheap to boot (NY prices, of course).

Surprise: Edge Maduro. At this point, I'm really not ready to dive deep into the maduro pool as much as CS has. I still prefer my cigars not to blend in by what my dogs make (by look only, trust me, I don't smoke no rockets). I thought that I'd hate this cigar, it'd be too strong for my pallete, what little there is, and it would be really quick. Instead, I was rewarded with thick, rich smoke, slightly sweet, chocolatey, and a long, slow burn time. :dr
soooooo good.

Moped: Alright, I'll confess. I smoke a Dirt Natural every once and awhile. The B&M I go to has a cafe attached to it, and they make the Uptown Fizz. Its a vanilla egg cream with a shot of hand-blended, hand-roasted espresso. An Uptown fizz and a Dirt is a match made in heaven. They compliment each other very, very well.

Sleeper: Fonseca Habana Selección

Wonderful flavor and quite strong; I just don't get why these haven't really caught on with the masses yet.

Surprise: Gurkha Class Regent

I've liked most of the Gurkha lines that I've tried, but these really blew me away.

Moped: Connie #18

I keep finding myself grabbing for these when I reach in the cooler. And with some age on 'em, they never seem to disappoint me either.

Sleeper: MC #5
Not a lot of talk about these, but I like them a lot.

Surprise: LFD Double Ligero line.
Got one of these in a PIF pass and thought someone slipped me a dog. I was wrong.

Moped: Candela wrappers.
I may as well have on clown shoes when I smoke these but I seem to not care.

Back