Slow-Aged 7X52 Churchill by Perdomo

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I've had the opportunity to try both the natural and maduro varieties and found both to be excellent values. The primary difference being the maduro produced more flavor with little or no aging. But after only 7 or 8 weeks in the humidor, the natural had improved markedly with flavors of coffee, chocolate and a mildly sweet spicy finsh. I would describe both cigars as mild and produced plenty of smoke. I never have been a big fan of using the amorphous term of creamy, but by golly in this case it might fit.

Although I doubt these smokes are 100% long filler, primarily due to a fairly rapid burn rate, and no description of the cigar anywhere that indicated such, the oversized 7X52 Churchill will give you a good 45 minutes of smoking time and help keep the burn even as well. These are very attractive, well constructed cigars with a very consistant burn, and for the price an excellent value as well.:tu

F. Prefect

I just got a few of these very cheap on C-bid. Haven't got to lite one up yet, but soooon. :tuNice review.

Thanks for the review. The 826 nats and maddies are some of my favorite everyday cigars. The nats have a very unique flavor and aroma to me that is not typical of mild CT wrap cigars. You described it as "creamy", to me it tastes like sweetened butter. :D

Great review, thanks.
And I'll echo your sentiment...these are pretty dang tasty, and for the money they're virtually impossible to beat

One of the best value cigars I have ever had. Actually prefer the natural to the maduro which is unusual for me. One dimensional but a nice enjoyable dimension. Good construction, consistent, good flavor. Great for giving to people because they are cheap enough you don't feel to bad if they put it out after and inch and a half but you don't feel like you are giving out dog rockets either. Have gotten some really good deals on c-bid but the secret is out winning bids have gone up 50% in the past year. I got my first mazo of 20 for 16$ got several more for about 20$ now they are going 33$+

Yep, pretty much my every day (or every other day) afternoon smoke.
I also prefer the natural over the maduro, BUT if you let the maduros sit for about 9-12 months, they are a whole lot tastier & interesting.

I've also noticed the bids creeping up on these. I used to get them for $1.00-$1.20/stick on CBid, but those days seem long gone.:mad:
Now I'm lucky to scarf them for $1.40@. Oh well, I still have a 15 quart tupperdore full of them, so I'm patient.......

And 45 minutes to smoke the Churchill?!! You MUST be huffing that bad boy, as they last at least twice as long for me!

Last edited:
Yep, pretty much my every day (or every other day) afternoon smoke.
I also prefer the natural over the maduro, BUT if you let the maduros sit for about 9-12 months, they are a whole lot tastier & interesting.

I've also noticed the bids creeping up on these. I used to get them for $1.00-$1.20/stick on CBid, but those days seem long gone.:mad:
Now I'm lucky to scarf them for $1.40@. Oh well, I still have a 15 quart tupperdore full of them, so I'm patient.......

And 45 minutes to smoke the Churchill?!! You MUST be huffing that bad boy, as they last at least twice as long for me!

That's interesting as I found that the naturals smoked better after a couple of months in the humi and maduros had some decent flavor shortly after arrival. Just shows that everyone's perception is a bit different. The 45 min was just a guess, it could have been longer, but although I'm not going to cut one open to find out, I still suspect there is a mixture of long and short fillers. But hey, if that's the case it's not going to bother me in the least. And yes, I have also noticed more of the 5 packs going for 7.00-9.00 dollars but it may be just a temporary aberation, at least I hope so.:ss

F. Prefect

Due to this post I just won myself a 5er of robusto nats on cbid. I love Perdomos and look forward to these.

Great review!!! The Slow-Aged definitely benefit from 8-12 months of additional "slow aging." But they're a good, safe bet for an enjoyable after-dinner smoke with the beverage of your choice!

Great review!!! The Slow-Aged definitely benefit from 8-12 months of additional "slow aging." But they're a good, safe bet for an enjoyable after-dinner smoke with the beverage of your choice!

With just about everyone who has commented on these cigars agreeing that both the natural and maduro improve substantially with only a few months of aging, I really have to chuckle when I think about the name they chose to use. :D

Slow aged from the factory to the boat. But I can't complain. From a value standpoint, they're a pretty darn good stick.

F. Prefect

Back