Smitty's first Review-RP Conn Torp

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
Go easy on me folks this is my first stab at this. Ok so i've been sitting on a bunch of these for a little over a month and decided to fire one up. I like most of the RP's so I figured it was worth a shot.

The construction on these is great, not surprisingly. I gave it a quick snip, toasted the foot, and fired it up. The first thing I noticed was a slight peppery flavor. After an inch or so it mellowed out and a smooth, almost lemony flavor developed. It stayed that way most of the way through. About halfway down I found myself watching the glowing orange band slowing working it's way up the wrapper. The burn was perfect. I was very surpirsed by the ash. It held strong for over an inch, I had to tap it.

However the flavor stayed the same almost the whole way through. Anyone expecting the same depth of flavor found in Patel's other lines is going to be dissapointed. This is simply a nice mild smoke, nothing else. Around the 1/3 mark it started getting a bit harsh so I put it down there.

This stick strikes me as a good morning 'gar. Perfect with a cup of coffee and the morning paper. A bit too mild for dinner though. I'd definetly reccomend this for anyone who likes a good mild stick.

So how was that?

you hit it right on the head with these....those looking for the strength and complexity of flavors found in other rocky patel smokes will definitely be dissapointed with these.

i bought a box of the churchills....won them for half of their $90/box retail price on cbid. they are very attractive cigars....a beautiful grade a conn. shade wrapper and solid construction....but they taste like paper.....just not much there.....i was gonna compare them to a macanudo....but that would not be fair to the mac!!! which has MUCH more flavor!! LOL

i have mine napping....hopefully some down time will bring SOMETHING out in them! the only way i think i would have tasted lemon in these is if i were to smoke one while drinking a glass of lemonade!!!

wish i had better things to say....perhaps in a few weeks or months.....but for the most time this one is a :s

Nice review. I really want to try something from this line but I'll probably pick a different one thnks to your review.

T

man now i really wanna pick one up, i love RP's stuff. good review dude. i really wish i could try one but my local shop doesn't carry any:( well if anybody finds anybody who will sell me some for cheap or even give me a couple sticks let me know, thanks:)

bigALemos said:
man now i really wanna pick one up, i love RP's stuff. good review dude. i really wish i could try one but my local shop doesn't carry any:( well if anybody finds anybody who will sell me some for cheap or even give me a couple sticks let me know, thanks:)

I'd be happy to send you a few. PM me your snailer and i'll fire some your way.

Back