Smoked my first Anejo today

rottenzombie

Alpha Silverback
And It was a great smoke.I can see why a lot of people really like these.It was an anejo 50 i think,Lots of smoke ,slightly sweet it had a slight burn problem but easily corrected.over all I'd say it was a very tasty Little Stick.

So what is Your favorite Anejo?
And what do you like to pair it with?
scotch,Beer,Tequila,Strippers :r

I have four in my humi but haven't had the time to light one up yet. I'm really excited for it. It's too damn cold in Iowa!!

Glad you enjoyed it though, brother!

I've got 10 in the humi and yet to try one.

I said when I got my first at $20 I'd wait until I got a new job, but I haven't looked recently and acquired the rest for MSRP, so I don't think I should keep waiting.

Everyone raves about the sharks, but for me the 50 is the best tasting. They are all great, but the 50s I've had really blew me away. They are all good though.

How strong is the Anejo? Especially compared to the Opus, if you've had one. Give us more details :)

I'm curious to know how much I should eat before lighting this baby up.

PS - is this Anejo from this years lot?

I like the Shark the best. It's been awhile since my last one but I do remember pairing it with a Dr Pepper and if memory serves me right, they paired well. Than again a Dr Pepper usually goes well with most smokes.

How strong is the Anejo? Especially compared to the Opus, if you've had one. Give us more details :)

They are pretty strong. Not the strongest out there, but pretty strong. I'd compare it to Opus strength. If you are on an empty stomach, it'll get to you.

I'm a Shark man when it comes to the Anejos.

I have found the Anejos to be stronger than the Opus' I have smoked. Did a Shark in Luhvul in '06 on no sleep and an empty stomach...I was done smoking for a couple hours. ;)

It didn't seem to be as strong as an Opus, it's still a fairly strong smoke.But dosent seep to punch you as hard.

Añejos have a blend of Opus X, Don Carlos, and Hemingway filler, with Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers that are cured in cognac barrels after they've been aged.

I hope this helps you guys out to know how strong they are.

Enjoyed an '05 Shark on Sunday with a Real Ale Coffee Porter first, followed by a Boddingtons. My fav pairing for the Shark, though, is with a nice cognac, brandy, or rum after a lean, medium-rare steak. Lean more towards the brandy and cognac during the winter, the rum during the summer. If you have an abundance of anejos, consider varying your beverage a little if you haven't done so already...it's remarkable what the slight differences a cognac will bring out in the stick compared to a brandy or a rum.

Picked up a couple Friday; haven't had one yet myself; probably will wait til after exam next week as a kick-back relaxer; can't wait now :ss

Back