Smokes more complex/tasty and flavorful than RP vintage line?

demiurgic

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
In my short time as a smoker, I tried SPDM's, GR #5 Corojo, JDN Antono, PAM alts, Pedromos, etc and of course RP 90/92 seconds.
NO Pepins yet. Black labels are in the mail.

I am amazed at the complexity of the RP Vintage line, and how the cigar develops over time. A little purging is necessary towards the end to retain the flavors, and it's "UBER NUBBABLE" ( A term I created to get my point across of how VERY tasty this stick is)

Are there any sticks out there you think develop into so many flavors?

A burst of smooth complexity, depth and layers of flavor :dras the cigar progresses while totally lacking harshness and bitterness:mad:.

I cannot distinguish flavors, nuances. Just know that ME LIKEY, and my foodie palate 'gets it'. I run a food business and am a REAL 'Oinker' :D

thanks!
demi

In my short time as a smoker, I tried SPDM's, GR #5 Corojo, JDN Antono, PAM alts, Pedromos, etc and of course RP 90/92 seconds.
NO Pepins yet. Black labels are in the mail.

I am amazed at the complexity of the RP Vintage line, and how the cigar develops over time. A little purging is necessary towards the end to retain the flavors, and it's "UBER NUBBABLE" ( A term I created to get my point across of how VERY tasty this stick is)

Are there any sticks out there you think develop into so many flavors?

A burst of smooth complexity, depth and layers of flavor :dras the cigar progresses while totally lacking harshness and bitterness:mad:.

I cannot distinguish flavors, nuances. Just know that ME LIKEY, and my foodie palate 'gets it'. I run a food business and am a REAL 'Oinker' :D

thanks!
demi

ANY

One of the more complex NCs I've smoked is the La Gloria Cubana #7 Maduro. It's full-flavored, but very well balanced. The only hint of harshness can come when you first light it. If you toast, purge, then puff you should be harsh-free from there on out. Mind you, the #7 is a 7x58 stick, so it's an investment. It takes from 1-2 hours to smoke, but it's worth it.

I've yet to give one to a mild-med (or med-full) smoker who didn't thoroughly enjoy it.

Mike

I wouldn't go that far - the RPs are a great smoke, especially the '92 but I would suggest picking up a fiver of Padron Aniversario - similiar to the '92 but with more bite. Please smoke the 5 to get a good feel.

We will go from there, good luck and note the diffs in taste - that's what makes this so much fun!

the RPs are a great smoke, especially the '92 but I would suggest picking up a fiver of Padron Aniversario - similiar to the '92 but with more bite. Please smoke the 5 to get a good feel.

We will go from there, good luck and note the diffs in taste - that's what makes this so much fun!
:tpd:The RP 92's are great, but the PAM is one of my ATF.

Well, "tasty" and "flavorful" are entirely subjective according to one's tastes.

The RP Vintage is a good cigar. But there are cigars with much more "complex" flavor on the market-- although remember: "Complex" does not always equal "better"

(Off the top of my head)

Black Pearl Cobre by La Perla Habana
Edge Corojo by Rocky Patel (or Edge Counterfeits by Rocky Patel)
Padron 1926
Fuente God of Fire
Partagas Spanish Rosado
Gurkha Master Select
Fuente 8-5-8 (or Fuente Hemingway Signature)
Fuente Sun Grown Chateau
Graycliff Profesionale

All of these cigars beat the RP Vintage, hands down, in terms of smoking complexity.... according to my subjective tastes, at least.

more, more, come on fellas, there must be smokes out there that make you salivate, time and again.

Universally tasty is TASTY, period, and harsh and bitter (bitter changes from person to person) is just that. I understand this from being then in the food business.

so I conclude that there are tasty cigars that can have any given flavors, but are generally a pleasure to light up because they hit the tongue and disperse a certain amount of goodness yum yums.

sure there are many flavors and taste is subjective. however I'd like names of those stogies that develop and blossom into brilliant flavors and change a few times from first third to last third..

Try the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve, but only if you can find them cheap. One B&M near my home sells them for $7 which makes the OWR a great smoke. However, a B&M near my college sells them for $12 (this place is in general, greatly overpriced) and i wouldn't dare buy it for that much.

It is a great smoke, however, especially in the $6-$8 if you can find it there.

OWR is probably on my top 5 favorite cigars, which is probably because I've only smoked for 6 months now....

=demiurgic;1630251... disperse a certain amount of goodness yum yums...

I disperse goodness yum yums on Halloween!!!! :ss

What NC smokes do I like better than RP vintage?

Padron x000
Padron Anniversary (either one)
Fuente Hemingway
Fuente Anejo
Taboo HSG and African Cameroon and Special Forces
Oliva V and O
Illusione f9, cg4, 88
Cabaiguan Coronas Extra
Padilla Miami 8&11
Camacho Corojo

There's more but that's what comes to my mind immediately

Back