Smoking bans in Perth, Australia

DownUnder LLG

Woop Woop Root Rat
Well the smoking bans are now wangling there way in down under and getting worse. As of tomorrow, owners of Pubs and Clubs can only allow patrons to smoke in 1 room only. This means that each pub or club must designate 1 room for smoking... this is obviously just the beginning and things will go rapidly down hill from here. :rolleyes:

DownUnder LLG said:
Well the smoking bans are now wangling there way in down under and getting worse. As of tomorrow, owners of Pubs and Clubs can only allow patrons to smoke in 1 room only. This means that each pub or club must designate 1 room for smoking... this is obviously just the beginning and things will go rapidly down hill from here. :rolleyes:

THat's the way it is in Tazzie. I actually think that's a fair compromise, since those who choose not to have to be arouns the smoke can just not go in the smoking room. I have regular miniherfs at a place with a smoking room, and it works pretty well...the owner happens to be a smoker himself and has put in plush couches and celing fans, plus there's a door outside from the room if the smoke gets superthick. It's nice, I think.

At one time in the United States the waitress or waiter did not ask if you wanted the smoking or non-smoking section. Now sometimes it's non-smoking or nothing by law. Thats always a bad start because one section continues to look down at the other like it's filthy. Now in many places you don't have people looking down at other people because there is no choice.

DownUnder LLG said:
this is obviously just the beginning and things will go rapidly down hill from here. :rolleyes:
You can go to the bank on that. In my area they've actually floated the idea of no smoking in your car. Heck, it's already banned in all public places and now they're trying to get private property too!

:c

I can't help but be amused,,,The wheels are coming off the earth and the most important thing to some people is a no smoking cafe/PUb..

Jerry in Minnesota

tazziedevil said:
THat's the way it is in Tazzie. I actually think that's a fair compromise, since those who choose not to have to be arouns the smoke can just not go in the smoking room. I have regular miniherfs at a place with a smoking room, and it works pretty well...the owner happens to be a smoker himself and has put in plush couches and celing fans, plus there's a door outside from the room if the smoke gets superthick. It's nice, I think.
It's fair for sure, but is that where it ends?? You know the saying... give em an inch and they take a mile.

Sorry to hear that. Soon we will be told that we can't smoke on our own decks because it might offend a neighbor.

smoking bans sucks EVERYWHERE!! Soon we may even have smoking streets and non smoking sreeets, just so smoking on the decks doesnt offend the neighbors!!

Here in Minnesota The cigar tax has just been raised to 70% of the gross wholesale price. Of course our governor promised no new taxes, so it's called a fee!.....more like a fine!!!

But how times have changed. In 1904 the Supreme Court of Minnesota ruled the the states Sunday closing law did not apply to cigar shops because tobacco was a necessity of life.....The good old days!!!!

Last edited:
NY is smoke free. No smoking or non smoking sections, you smoke outside or not at all. New bill trying to pass to have designated outdoor smoking areas so people don't "have to walk through clouds of cigarette smoke on the streets"

Gee, leaving them inside the bars wasn't a good idea was it?

:pu

Its just getting worse and worse, before we know it they will ban smoking in our own houses. Its becoming insane.

Im still hoping to hit you up on msn LLG, but havent seen you online.

smokeydude said:
You can go to the bank on that. In my area they've actually floated the idea of no smoking in your car. Heck, it's already banned in all public places and now they're trying to get private property too!

:c

:tpd:

New York smoking laws suck! It just keeps getting worse everyewhere!
It's great when you got to a state without bans. Like a trip back in time to the good old days

If the current level of insanity continues to rise, I am going to become a non violent protestor. I will smoke in elevators, in restaurants, in hospitals, in waiting areas, and will refuse to pay my fines, and encourage smokers everywhere to unite and make the damn busybodies so insane until they back off and leave us the :c alone!!!

SMOKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE

kvm said:
Maybe it's time for smokers to go "Rosa Parks" :fu :w

I'm not asking too much: Personally when I go to a restaurant, I eat in the non-smoking section, but when I go to a bar, I expect the smoke. I actually prefer piper over cigar over cigarettes, but these bans take things too far.

ToranoFan said:
Im still hoping to hit you up on msn LLG, but havent seen you online.
MSN is not something I get a chance to get onto so generally I don't, but since you've been looking for me I will try and make an effort soon to do so.

Back