Smoking caused a cigar to go soft?

hk3

Alpha Buttcrack
Have you ever.... Had a cigar that was firm to the touch before lighting, and then while smoking it, the cigar became soggy/squishy? Is this due to overheating?

Heat will dry it out, not make it soggy/squishy where were you smoking. I sounds like you were smoking someplace with a high humidity.

Have you ever.... Had a cigar that was firm to the touch before lighting, and then while smoking it, the cigar became soggy/squishy? Is this due to overheating?

I'd agree, your prolly smoking a little too fast.

I believe this can occur with underfilled cigars. I have some JR Alt Limitied Editions. I like them for a quick/cheap smoke; however, I notice that sometimes whn I'm smoking them an underfilled section will appear (the cigar appears squishy). I never notice it before I light it up.

........also, excess slobber will make a cigar appear squishy :ss

........also, excess slobber will make a cigar appear squishy :ss

So will peeing on them... so don't do that. :tu

The heat does have a way of opening up the cigar as it all expands. Some seem to open more than others, probably due to tobacco packed a little less tightly... just a guess. :ss

They could get a little wet from smoking them (and not from slobber). The two main products produced during combustion are carbon dioxide and water.

I've experienced the same thing quite often. Usually in the final third of the cigar. I never really put much thought into it since it never really bothered me.

Regarding the the light or underfilled issue.........when I've had this happen, the "squishiness" often accompanies a change in draw as well; I usually just pinch the effected area slightly until I feel a firmness and the draw comes back strong. These problems are more of a bother than anything else and doesn't effect my smoking experience. Like I said, it usually happens to me with cheaper, bundle type smokes.

:2

Back