Snapware Tupperdor

Munkey

Howler Monkey
From the beginning of my recent cigar craze, I've gone through a multitude of cigar holding devices. I thought I'd write a review of one of my favorites.

Snapware

405002.jpg

Cost: $7.99
Size: 18.5 Cups
Holds: about 40 cigars (regular size)

Pros: Clear so you can see your cigars, and hygrometer. Holds almost as many cigars as a 150 ct. glass top humi, lightweight, airtight, holds RH rock solid (when kept closed for awhile), has 4 snap locks so you know it's closed, stacks well, no precut holes for cheap RH sponge and Analog Hygrometer.

Cons: Not as attractive as a wooden humidor, hard to regulate RH when you open.

You can line the bottom and sides with old cigar box parts to mitigate RH loss when you open the top. Great for temporary storage of bombs, PIFs, etc 'til you are past Beetle fears.

Overall rating: 9

Thanks, man. I use a little rubbermaid tub for overflow. Might have to add this to the assorted boxes/humis/coolers I am using. :r

Since the dry environment here in Colorado makes keeping decent humidity a pain in the behind, I use one as a second humi. It started as an overflow box, but really, when considering the effort it just turned into permanent storage.

I used something like that as an overflow when I first started out. It was called "Lock & Lock" I think. Worked well for what I needed and was only a few bucks.

I have one.

I use it for some NC singles.

It has held perfect humidity for four months with no work at all.

This is so well worth it if you need one.

I used something like that as an overflow when I first started out. It was called "Lock & Lock" I think. Worked well for what I needed and was only a few bucks.

I just picked up a 1L Starfirt "Lock and Lock" which would make a perfect temporary overflow solution or a GREAT travel humi solution. For $5 (CAD) I got tupperware which could hold 15 cigars comfortably with room for a water pillow in the end, and a locking lid so you don't have to worry about the lid coming off!

Excellent solution I think.

F94CD24E8384413F90D4CD7E1092EC9B.ashx

I really like the little snapware I have for overflow. My wife also uses them to keep her herbal tea fresh. It is a great product

I just picked up one of those Lock & Lock....due to my discovery of the devil site and my humidor nearing capacity. They claim it is water and airtight and there is a gasket on the lid. It smelled a little like plastic, but that came our with a little dish soap and water.

I use the Lock & Lock ones, they make great overflow storage. Just add a water pillow. Damn the devil site!
These things are definitely air tight. Only a few bucks at Walmart.
:ss

I find these a 'must have' when traveling to a big herf, sit down, or large gathering where trading is prevalent.

I have an empty Tatuaje Regios SLB which holds shorter cigars quite well. If I wind up trading for a churchill or two, they lie beside the SLB.

I tested the 'air tightness' by filling mine up with water. The rubber gasket only gives if you squeeze the box while full of water.

Watch the humidity in these closely. They do not let anything in or out and the humidity in mine has gotten pretty high even with beads...

Watch the humidity in these closely. They do not let anything in or out and the humidity in mine has gotten pretty high even with beads...

Maybe you've been adding too much water to your beads. With the lack of airflow I've found that I really don't need to add much water to them at all.

I have one for miscellaneous singles
and use a boveda pack, like everyone
has said it works great. :tu

I use the Lock n Lock brand and love it. I usually put a tube of beads and one of those cedar blocks that they put in cigar boxes so the tube doesn't come in contact with my cigars.

To negate the unattractiveness of the box I decided to mod mine with stickers. I'm going to add stickers from the different herfs I go to, bands I like, places I visit or plan to visit, cigar box stamps and labels, and pirate stuff and personalize it that way. :tu

I found these work great also.

I needed to find a way to tote some cigars on vacation when I found this.

To help with moisture what i did was keep a gel tube around and added that for a bit everyday to keep up the RH.

Back