Solid Med-full Bodied Smoke Search

MarkinCA

SilverBack
A question goes out to my vintaged low-land gorilla'; Having smoked brands in the area of La Aroma de Cuba, Astral Cameroon, Flor de A. Allones, La Gloria Cubana Series R, RP Edge, Consuegra #59, Hoyo de Monterey (including the Dark Sumatra), etc., I'm still searching for that solid medium bodied to medium-full bodied cigar, and do enjoy the 52 ring size, and 5.00" to 5.25" length (nothing like being picky huh?)

So, what are some solid names you can tender my way...?:cp

How about 5 Vegas Series 'A'? I like 'em a lot and the Artisan fits your criteria (5 X 52). Price is good, too.

-Chuck

Most of your list appears to be Honduran Domincan Blends; have you tried Nicaraguan offerings? Which of the cigars you listed did you like the best?

Here are 10 sticks I consider to be very solid:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Invictos
Nicarao Robusto
Gran Habanos Tres Siglos
La Aurora 1495 Robusto
Camacho Diploma
CAO Brazilia Gol
AVO Domaine #10
Padilla Habano Robusto
Punch Gran Puro Rancho
Leon Jimenes 300 Series Robusto

Most of your list appears to be Honduran Domincan Blends; have you tried Nicaraguan offerings? Which of the cigars you listed did you like the best?

Nicarao Robusto
Gran Habanos Tres Siglos
La Aurora 1495 Robusto
Camacho Diploma
CAO Brazilia Gol
AVO Domaine #10
Padilla Habano Robusto
Punch Gran Puro Rancho

txmatt, I had never really looked at it from that angle re Honduran/Dominican blends, but your right. The answer to your question would be the Astral Cameroon Beso followed by the La Gloria Cubano Series R #4. There's something about the taste and flavor of that Astral Cameroon though that I really enjoy (in a buzzy kind of way). In some aspects, sometimes it reminds me of the 3 Cuban Romeo Y Julieta' Churchills that I once smoked about 3+ yrs back.

I'v tried the CAO Brazilia Piranha which is a nice little petite cigar. Have about 4 or 5 of the Punch Gran Puro Rancho' myself sitting in the humidor, but they really haven't done anything for me that would keep me coming back again and again.

Thanks for the list and I'll have to start sampling a bit more...:cb

Many of the online retailers will group facings into body/strength profiles and offer them at attractive sampler pricings. If you check into JR Cigars or Cigars International as well as others, you'll probably find what you're looking for. Enjoy!

dennisp traded me a partagas black label that was like a 4.5x54 or something along those lines. anyway, a nice stout cigar, i smoked it and went the next day and bought 5 more and gifted 2 of them. something i will definitely keep smokin'!

Nicarao Robusto
Gran Habanos Tres Siglos
La Aurora 1495 Robusto
Camacho Diploma
CAO Brazilia Gol
AVO Domaine #10
Padilla Habano Robusto
Punch Gran Puro Rancho

I second the Gran Habanos Tres Siglos and the Padilla

I'll second the Torano virtuoso but only with some age. Also, look at the LFD ligero line and Torano '59 Golds and signatures.

Back