Some days you just need to stay put -

RGD

Elder Jungle Leader
So today while driving around I stopped into a B&M, that although close to my house - I had just never been into. Not a big place but they have a nice walk-in humidor. I smiled when I saw the "weather" display hanging in the room - 68 degrees and 68 humidity. Better than a lot of them I've been in. So I start to browse - not bad selections along with some house brands. After a few one of the two employees comes and places a few boxes on the shelfs - asks me if I need any help. No I say - he starts to leave and then I ask if he has any Short Stories - been wanting to pick up a box. Tells me no - they only get a few boxes per month and normally any Hemingway stock goes fast. Long story short - we chat for a few - I pick up a few Sopranos just to have - a few Don Lino Africa and he offers me a house brand smoke, I tell him to give me a few more (to buy). We go outside of the humi - more chat while I pay - and he hands me a Sopranos hat! Score - :D
So more chatting and I ask if he has a cutter - I'll light up one of the house brands - of course he gives a good cutter to use and then a freebie cutter. Nice. Go back into a mini lounge and we talk some more and guess what - UPS truck (I guess - didn't see the driver) drops off a large box. "Oh - Fuente shipment" he says. He opens up the box and there it is - one box of Short Story's. Mine I say! Sold and score - :D

Some days it just best to stay put - :D

Ron

DSCF0028a.jpg

DSCF0029a.jpg

nice haul ron!! didnt try the sopranos when the CAO dude was at our b&m I didnt get the hat either just a cutter but free stuff is free stuff!

Very nice indeed!

I get the same thing. The longer I'm at the B&M, the more I end up buying. Blessing and curse I tell ya!

That is a cool story, and I'm glad it worked out for you! There's something about hanging out at your local B&M that makes everything right in the world again, you know?!

Wow, good score. Perfect timing on the SS, it was fate! (That is what I would say so I didn't feel bad spending the cash. "I mean come on,...they fell in my lap, I had to pay for 'em!")

Back