Some people's kids!!!!!

Could anyone explain the reasoning behind this:

I was at a shop that I discovered while delivering a load for work. I went in and noticed that they had Pinars (you know, pre-embargos). The owner suggested that I age them. Now, I know that all Pinars aren't 100% pre-embargo leaf. They are mixed with various leaf from other countries.

Concidering that the date of the embargo goes back the JFK era...why in the world would you have to age something that is nearly twice my age already????

Because they're like .1% pre-embargo, and 99.9% just like any other cigar on the shelf (actually probably worse than most from what I hear).

Search for Pinar for more opinions... ;)

Pinars on C-bid right now (singles)....if you really are intent on having some in your humidor.

Pinars = 100% Pre-Embargp:BS.
Had one once, and got a 1/4 of the stick down before I chucked it. Grade A POS. I say don't clutter you humi with these.

The small ones, Habanitos I believe, that come in the cardboard box are quite tasty. I had one when I first bought them and it was bad, but after 6-8 months out of the cardboard on sitting on cedar they became good short smokes. The larger sizes suck.

The story behind Pinar cigars rolled from pre-embargo tobacco from the estate of Murray Grossman late of Tampa can not be verified by any Lexis/Nexus search of probate filings. I'll send a nice selection of sticks to anyone who can show me I'm wrong by giving me a citation from the probate court regarding this estate and the dispostion of the tobacco....because I've been trying to research it myself.

Back