Son Heading for Iraq

TonySmith

Not an Anthony
My son is in the national guard and will be heading to Iraq in October. His mom and I are naturally anxious about this. Join us in praying for a safe tour.
Thank you all

Will do.

My son has just been told he his heading over there for the 4th time at the end of the year. He is in the ARMY!

Thoughts, prays and congratulations.

Congratulations for raising a wonderful son who has chosen to serve his country.
Prayers for a safe trip and thoughts for your peace of mind while he does what he was trained to do.

All that together + faith and he will be home before you know it.

Chas

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. it might seem strange, but I worry more about emotional damage than physical. My son has a kind heart and I think him seeing his comrades injured or killed would affect him worse than getting injured himself

Last edited:
Your son and your family are in my prayers. You should feel very proud, you've instilled patriotism and love of country in your boy and you just don't see a lot of that today.

I spent 6 years in the Army Special Forces and never gave much thought about how my decision would affect my family. I'm now a parent, and even though he's only 8, I can't imagine what you, my parents and many other parents go through when it comes to a decision, such as the military.

Many times we call our men and woman in the armed forces heroes and patriots and they are, but I believe that parents, such as yourself are as well.

God bless your son and your family and I hope he enjoy's his tour.

My best to you and your family. It's not easy going away to a combat zone, but I believe that it's tougher for the family that is left behind. I have made suggestions to my wife while I'm deployed: don't ask me too many questions, don't watch the news, if news is heard about my area don't fret over it until a phone call confirms a reason to fret, and finally and most importantly- pray everyday for our safety, health, and quick return home. Gods speed for your son and peace upon your family.

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. I have seen both sides of this fence. I have deployed 3 times now, and I seen my friends watch their loved ones get on that plane too. I have seen the stress that families go through when a loved ones deploy. I truly believe that the ones that are left behind to carry on have it harder then I have ever had. I think that because you sit at the table across from the chair he/she was sitting in last week. You drive pass that place you two use to go and get ice cream when they were young. My heart really goes out to the families that stay home when we as service members deploy. My family tells me I am some kind of hero, but I know who the hero is in my life my wife.
Be strong and tell him to send me a pm when gets ready to go.
*I just looked at yours gene. I guess great minds think alike.*

Last edited:
It's been done, Tony. We've put it in God's hands so faith is all we need. I thank him for his service and you and your wife will be in my thoughts.

Back