Sorta funny & a question

Costa

Cohibo Aficionado
I am a fairly new member, joining in Jan. I think. I have been a cigar smoker for about 10 years. The reason for joining? I had one single question. Figured this was a good place to get an idea of what CCs to smoke while in Europe for a trip that I planned years ago, that is coming up in a few weeks. So, 5 months ago, I joined with 10 cigars and a question. Figured I'd post the question, get some feedback, and quietly fade away.

Well, since Jan. I went from a 50 ct. humi with 10 sticks to a Vinotemp with boxes of CCs and other assorted premiums. I now own or have tried every cigar I "wanted to try" while in Europe since then (thanks to some of you), with more storage, lighters, pokers, trays, beads, hygrometers, etc. then I could have imagined. I received advice on what foods to try (thank you Munkey!) while in Europe, received some of the best cigars from people I have never met, and send out cigars to people I have never met, but feel I know.

I am not an active member of any other board. When things go bad for some of you, I feel more sympathy, compassion, etc. then for some people I know.......and when things go right (baby's, promotions, kids graduating) I cheer as loud as anybody you know.

Now to my new question(s):

- I only have a travel humi, with one of those small foam humidification inserts. I can get 4 sticks in there, which won't last me long (going for 18 days). Can I get some advice on how to pack cigars and keep them humidified for the trip outside of that travel humi? I'd like to bring about 10-13. Putting them in the luggage ok, or should I carry them on. Bringing CCs OUT of the country is not a problem, is it? I don't want to just put them in 5 finger bags, there won't be any humidification with that, and don't want them drying out.

- Am I ok with packing a cutter in my check-in luggage? Won't be carrying it on.

I find it COMPLETELY hilarious that I came here to find out what to smoke while overseas, and am now asking how to bring cigars with me, as I have everything I'd want to try, thanks all to each and every one of you.

And also, this is kind of a thank you, to all you guys, can't name them all, there are too many, for allowing me to take part in your community.

And especially Silverfox, for showing me how to bomb.....

Sorry such a lengthy post.

Cutter in checked bag - OK
Carry on all cigars. Don't put in checked bags.
Buy a 15 count box and some humidification (tube of beads, water pillow)

Cutter in checked bag - OK
Carry on all cigars. Don't put in checked bags.
Buy a 15 count box and some humidification (tube of beads, water pillow)

Thank you pnoon. When you say 15 count box, you mean just a box of cigars, 15 total? Then take those out, put what I want, and carry that?
Sorry if its a stupid question.......

Oh sure - blame it all on us - :ss

First off - consider getting a larger travel humi. Next you could put them in the five finger bags and then put those bags in another larger freezer type bag - add a humidifier if you wish.
Got a food sealer? Put it on the gentle setting and seal a few smokes up in several bags. Open as needed.
Just a few suggestions -

Have fun on your trip - take pictures to share with us!

Ron

Oh sure - blame it all on us - :ss

First off - consider getting a larger travel humi. Next you could put them in the five finger bags and then put those bags in another larger freezer type bag - add a humidifier if you wish.
Got a food sealer? Put it on the gentle setting and seal a few smokes up in several bags. Open as needed.
Just a few suggestions -

Have fun on your trip - take pictures to share with us!

Ron

Will do, that I promise, lots of pic's! Thats a great idea. I do not have a food sealer, would just putting them in a 5 finger bag, then putting that and a small tube of beads in a standard zip lock freezer bag be ok?

Will do, that I promise, lots of pic's! Thats a great idea. I do not have a food sealer, would just putting them in a 5 finger bag, then putting that and a small tube of beads in a standard zip lock freezer bag be ok?

A suitable alternative. The only downside is that cigars could get crushed/damaged in your carryon bag. A travel humi would offer protection as well.

What Peter said.

Except for buying a 15 count travel case... you can do it on the cheap and put your cigars in 5 finger bags and put those in a tupperdor with beads or a watter pillow.

Otter box or Armidor that kind of thing works best for me.

And in regards to other points in your post. It is a hell of a place here with some of the greatest people I have never had the pleasure of shaking their hand.

That my man would most certainly include you.

Al

Did you mention where in europe your going?

Venice, Croatia, Athens, Santorini, Naples, Rome, Nice, Barcelona.

Wine tasting in Tuscany, hike Mt. Vesuvius and tour ruins of Pompeii, Colosseum in Rome.....3 things on my "to-do" list of life, getting those out of the way.

Its really nothing more than a mid-life crisis minus the sports car and the 21 year old girlfriend....lol.

What Peter said.

Except for buying a 15 count travel case... you can do it on the cheap and put your cigars in 5 finger bags and put those in a tupperdor with beads or a watter pillow.

True. But sooner or later, a decent small travel humi is an essential - especially for attending herfs.

maybe like this :ss
Exedition%20copy.jpg

If Costa can handle the cost of Cohibo's and CC's and Vinos' and trips to Europe he can handle an Otter Box to protect his investments for sure.

:ss

Al

Back