Sosa Governor Maduro

adamh_25_

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I just got done smoking this thing. Not bad at all.
I think it cost me around 5-6 bucks.
-Nice dark maduro wrapper. A bit oily. Some veins. But good looking overall.
-Prelight was a tad peppery with some sort of sweetness that I couldnt really put my finger on.
-I lit the thing with a bic so that didnt start me out great on the burn, but surprisingly it evened out fairly well and stayed pretty even all the way through.
-Taste had the typical maduro flavour but a little less powerful. Sorta peppery but not overpowering. Got some bitterness that reminded me of dark coffee. It needed a few burnouts to keep the flavour good but it wasnt rediculous. I've had worse in that department. Probably a little more age would have fixed this as this one was fairly young.
-The finish was long...or should I say, still is long. I finished it maybe a half hour ago and have eaten a banana and drank some soda and I can still taste it. A nice cigar finish, nothing that makes me wanna run to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

All in all, I'd say this is a pretty darn good cigar. If I paid 5 bucks for it, I'd say that it is about right. Maybe $4-5 would be right for this cigar. 6 may be getting a tad high.

If I were to use the top25cigar.com's review style, Id give the:
Appearance: 7
Construction: 6
Flavor: 7
Value: 5
Overall Smoking Experience: 7

Average: 6.4

Adam

My local California shop has some of these left, at $7 each.. been wondering if its worth it. Bear in mind, I live in CA, so something in a shop that costs you $5 easily costs me $7-8...
Scott

I'll probably buy myself a few more Poriggity, so I'd say give it a shot. If that's how all your prices are I'd say its probably about right.
Adam

Scott, I see now that you are a camacho slut....(im threadjacking my own thread). I am the same. Which one is you favorite?
Adam

I finally had a Sosa today and it was GREAT! Im now on the hunt for a box... :D

BTW, my alltime favorite camacho is the Camacho Diploma Maduro.
Scott

Back