Sosa Natural piramides - shorty review

Not much of a review here, but I wanted to share this stick with the club.

I had this last night, after a week or two in the humi. Paid $6.50 locally, attracted by the band, which was beautiful. When i pulled it out of the wrapper the cigar itself was beautiful too, even color, a few veins, but super well made. It looked like a super premiun should, and was packed tight and firm.

I clipped it with my Craftmans Bench 2-blade, got a nice easy cut, and tried the draw. Despite how tightly packed this stick was, the draw was easy and smooth, just enough resistance. I lit it with a bic and puffed away...

The taste was reminiscent of a really good aged and mellow fuente, maybe even Opus if they weren't so damned strong. As I imagine Opus in 5+ years. A lighter dominican flavor, but while not particularly strong the taste did not lack either. Slight spice that popped, but was not overwhelming as other sticks. The best analogy I can thing of is: most sticks are like a big low-grade stereo, the sound is there. This stick was like an audiophile system, basically the same music, but every 'note' stood out and was wonderful, while simultaneously never detracting from the whole.

I did not notice much of a press, aren't pyramides supposed to be pressed? I though this was a torp before looking it up. I smoked this guy to the nub, and loved every second of it, These are definitely on my list now, and I believe this may be one of the top-10 cigars i've smoked.

Overall, highly reccomended, and one of the few sticks in this range that IMO are actually worth their $5 price tag. Get some.

I'll just add that I had a Pepin JJ Maduro after this, which to me seemed just like what Edge was trying to be, and liked the Sosa better.

Nice to read a positive review on the Sosa. I've been wanting to try the line after noticing the 5x50 wavell getting a 90 rating in CA a few issues ago.

Good review. BTW.....liked the simile between std and hi grade stereos too! :tu

I like to try different lines and CA can be a nice source for candidates.

FN in MT

Back