Space V Humidification needed

Opusfxd

Lowland Gorilla
Ok, so I'm pretty new at maintaining the constant humidity required in my humidor especially at this time of year. Well I had my humidor all set up and holding a nice and steady 70% average RH. (I'm happy with the average because my B&M guy told me that spring and fall I'll get fluxuations as the weather moved through.)

So I am happy enough to temporarily host a box of 5Vegas before I ship them off to some Air Force guys I want to thank, but as soon as I put the box in (whole, unwrapped and in tact) the RH went up to a steady 80%. Naturally I backed off the humidification devices a bit (beads on the list for next paycheck) and now it's about back to 70%.

My question is, as the volume in my humidor (hopefully soon to be humidors) gets filled, does the amount of humidification need to be reduced? (If not using a bead type setup)

TIA

Since you just added a full box of cigars, I would have to ask; was the box you just added stored at a very high 80% RH? If you are using a sponge humidification device, are you using a PG solution?

Normally you should not have to reduce the amount of humidification in a humidor the fuller the humidor is. The fuller the humi is, usually the more stable the RH is in it.

Since you just added a full box of cigars, I would have to ask; was the box you just added stored at a very high 80% RH?

That's my thought here. I've noticed that almost all of the cigars that I've bought from CI/cbid have been on the wet side.

That would make sense. The box came from cbid.

Thanks, looks like I'll wait for them to come down to reality before I start becoming overly concerned.

Back