Spam from Cheaphumidors.com?

physiognomy

From a land down under...
Is anyone else is getting this sort of spam? In the last two days I have recieved unsolicited mail from this company and Humidors4less.com... This is pretty annoying & I'm wondering if these companies are cigarsinternational.com subsidiaries? If this is the case I will definitely be reconsidering any future purchases...

Subject RESPONSE REQUIRED: Confirm your request for information from book@aweber.com

We received your request for information from the book
group. Before we begin sending you the information you
requested, we want to be certain we have your permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CONFIRM BY VISITING THE LINK BELOW:

http://www.aweber.com/z/c/?jyszctwub2ib2dgmrnmq7ctytg4=6978

Click the link above to give us permission to send you
information. It's fast and easy! If you cannot click the
full URL above, please copy and paste it into your web
browser.
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you do not want to subscribe, simply ignore this message.

Thank You,
Cheaphumidors.com

Cheaphumidors.com
5602 56th Commerce Park Blvd
Tampa, FL 33610

Request generated by:
IP: 72.91.34.82
Date: June 4, 2007 08:10 EDT

I've ordered from them via Amazon, and had no problems with spam coming my way...

For some reason I doubt its coming directly from Cheaphumidors directly. IP address doesn't make sense, but then again, what do I know? :al

The thing that bugs me a little is that I have never ordered from either of these companies or (to my recollection) given out the particular address they are using...

I got a piece of spam from Cheap Humidors as well. It happened right after I signed up for the free "E-Book" that pops up on the main page.

I just glanced through the book and it looks interesting, but not interesting enough to deal with spam.

Cheaphumidors.com sell their products on Amazon.com as well. Order through Amazon and you should not receive any spam. I find the customer service at Cheaphumidors.com to be lacking. :2

If you live inside the US you can request they remove you from their mailling list. There is usually an email address on the SPAM that you can reply to. Remind them that according to the CAN-SPAM act they have to remove you or you can report them. Good luck finding out how they got your email. One thing you could do is contact CI and ask them if they do business with either of these comapnies.

Thanks for the comments/advice... I just recieved my 2nd email (similar to one quoted above) a few minutes ago & clicked on the 'unsubscribe' link... I'm usually wary of doing this as I don't know if it will just lead to more spam?

This looks like an unsophisticated phishing scam to me. Why do you have to go to www.awebar.com if www.cheaphumidors.com exists?

I think this is some asshat using a list he obtained through whatever reasons and is trying to confirm who's out there by using cheaphumidors.com's name.

I think you just signed up for more spam by clicking unsubscribe.

Ok, I just looked up the internet registration on both sites and they don't appear to be related from a cursory inspection.

The aweber.com website is listed basically as a spam hub though. Email trafficking.

Why don't you call or email them and asked how you were added to their mailing list?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>AWEBER SYSTEMS, INC. </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>tom@aweber.com </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>2865 S. Eagle Rd. #338</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>Newtown, PA 18940-1560 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>US </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>Phone: 215-322-2408 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD colSpan=4>Fax: 215-701-8733 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back