Spammers?

ResIpsa

An Original Latino
this showed up in my junkmail on my hotmail account today, Just curious if anyone else got this email and if a spammer has gotten ahold of our email accounts here at CS:

This is a message from HGHPOC at Club Stogie Cigar Discussion Forum

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/index.php ). The Club Stogie Cigar Discussion Forum
owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email HGHPOC, you can use this online form:
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=4019

OR, by email:
mailto:HGHPOC@GMAIL.COM

This is the message:

Hello,
I would like to introduce you to Parkside Coffee. We are Western New York's
newest gourmet roastery. Our Roastmaster procures and roasts the finest 100%
Arabica Beans in small-batch roasts to ensure our customers never receive
anything less than the finest in gourmet coffee.
Please feel free to visit our website at www.parksidecoffee.com to view our
custom blends and also our new single origin roasts. Or give us a call anytime
at 1-800-660-9511.
Let us indulge your senses and your good taste!
Sincerely,
Holly Gardon
Parkside Coffee

Message to pds:

HGHPOC appears to be that lowest form of on-line inhabitant, the commercial spammer. She should be banned immediately.

Man - I miss the old spam; all the filters and false identities I've built up in the past few years have made it go away. If it wasn't for passing gorillas email addresses around to coffeeshops and the 1-900-FANTASY connection I wouldn't get no spam kicks at all. heh heh heh

justinphilly said:
nope, just you....lucky you!

Hmmm....I'n not FEELING very lucky:D .....well, apparently I have annoyed someone , or many someones, here, have to follow IHT's advice.

i'll ban "it" for a day so we can discuss what to do with this person.

the other moderators/admin will come to a decision soon.

i've been on the receiving end of unsolicited emails from "members"... i didn't like it, so i took that option out of my "user options".

Last edited:
two things to note:
1. I don't think they can see your email until you email them back. That is, the message you got was sent by/through CS, and the spammer doesn't know your actual address.
2. I got SPAM the other day (in no way related to CS) with the word "Camacho" in the subject, I found it mildly amusing...

IHT said:
i'll ban "it" for a day so we can discuss what to do with this person.

the other moderators/admin will come to a decision soon.

i've been on the receiving end of unsolicited emails from "members"... i didn't like it, so i took that option out of my "user options".
Seriously - no comprendo. This forum seems spam-bulletproof for email. In over a year I've not had one contact that seemed to originate from CS.

I thought, as above, first contact via email kept the recipients address anonymous.

Mister MaDuroo said:
Seriously - no comprendo. This forum seems spam-bulletproof for email. In over a year I've not had one contact that seemed to originate from CS.

I thought, as above, first contact via email kept the recipients address anonymous.

just cuz it remains anonymous and has to be sent by an actual person doesn't mean that any of us actually want to get such an email....

Got it too. Pretty weird, but mass-mailing using CS should definitely be ban-able offense. Make a post on the forum if you want, but not this.

Back