spreading the "48 hour rule"

Beagle Boy

Lowland Gorilla
as we are starting to see some threads where people worried about a purchase they may have to explain to their significant others - here is a "rule" that a local radio station likes to promote:

The 48-Hour Rule or “You Had Your Chance" This rule was established on March 5, 2002 and is as follows: As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and inexpensive cylinders into the Crisis Center and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free.

“This old thing,’’ you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, “that thing has been here since July.’’

So, in cigar terms - you buy a box, you put it in your normal storage device (no hiding the product), if on the 49th hour she asks you a question about it: "oh that box, I've had that forever"

just trying to help out :ss

as we are starting to see some threads where people worried about a purchase they may have to explain to their significant others - here is a "rule" that a local radio station likes to promote:

ooooorrrrrrrr.........you could be honest with your wife and increase your chances of staying married, :r

I have the 20% rule
Whatever I spend a year on cigars I will take 20% of that and go out and buy the wife something out of the blue. Handbags does the trick.

That way she looks at my collection and say I am out of my mind and thats it.

Works for me

:tpd: although i usually dont get away that easy, im more in the 75% range, ill have to work on it

I have the 20% rule
Whatever I spend a year on cigars I will take 20% of that and go out and buy the wife something out of the blue. Handbags does the trick.

That way she looks at my collection and say I am out of my mind and thats it.

Works for me

I just tell her look woman I'll smoke my damned cigars and you'd...

...actually I just hope shes not home with Fedex stops by :D

That's a little like the men in Arkansas. I found this out the hard way. I preached a sermon once and illustrated it by pointing out the fact that one of my friends in the church had just bought a vintage 45-70. When I got done, there were 7 guys waiting for me in the foyer...before church was over. They stuck me in the middle of their circle and said:

"Listen, preacher, we don't care what you say about anything else, but leave guns alone. You see, you don't understand the way we do things down here. We go to a gun show and buy a gun we really like and then we put it in the back of the closet for a year. Then one day we pull it out and start cleaning it. Our wives will start to get huffy and ask, 'When did you buy THAT?!' And we will tell them, 'This old piece...I"ve had this forever.' And she gets off our back."

:D

Heck yeah! If something's been on the premises for a few days with nary a peep then it has officially entered "This Old Thing" status and you're no longer obligated to discuss its age and/or origins.

I am not sure my wife will buy this rule. She does like the Coach purse rule... When I get hand I take her shopping, she has about 20 now:r

Yes I get out of hand a lot.

I just drop my "spending bomb" during a convenient moment, like during a back rub, or I'll tell her as I'm making the purchase, that way by the time she's arguing the point of why I don't need any more smokes I've already charged em! Typing real fast helps too LOL

Back