ST Dupont Light on ebay.com

mosesbotbol

Elder Jungle Leader
What do you think, is this real? Caught my eye this morning. Prefer the cigar tip, but that can be changed quit easily.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-Dupont-Line-...7QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20190QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2b_1.JPG

I doubt it is real, I wouldn't sell one for $49. If you look at previous items he has sold in feedback they are all the same lighter. It worries me that he had more than one of these to sell.

Last edited:
This is the kind of stuff that scares me about E-bay. You never really know what you're getting till you get it. Well, I guess the old sayings is true here, buyer beware.

Ebay has been flooded lately with fake dupont's. Now, with full knowledge that it's a fake, it could be a nice fake and fun to play around with.

Quite possibly a fake.... but looks like a nice piece either way. Looks like they're going for around $100. At least you won't be out 6 or 8 hundred if it is fake :)

Also, the feedback from the people who've bought them before indicates that they're quite happy with the lighter... fake or not.

Most definitely a fake. Were it real, the seller would have taken a picture of its box and papers, which are the new style black.

The sellers selling these fake 007 lighters stopped taking box pics becuase the fakes come in the old red box, and thats a dead give away.

no one will sell a 2000$ limited ANYTHING for that cheap.

The way i look at it, if you buy a fake because you want to, i guess its alright. But if youre looking for the real deal, and you buy a fake unknowingly, thats a problem. Ebay is not the place to get great deals on Duponts that are authentic. Even still, my buddy bought a couple of ebay, that were the real deal, and saved a few hundred, but they had leaks.

I dont know, i would steer clear. But that one, fake for sure.

Back