Stamps up 2c Priority up 55c

From now on I will be sending packages 1st Class as it is much cheaper and only takes one extra day. You can also get a DC number just like with Priority.

Just seemed to be a bigger jump in priority

39 --> 41 ~.048% increase

4.05 --> 4.60 ~.119% increase

.39 -> .41 = 5.1% increase

4.05 -> 4.60 = 13.5% increase

But I know what you mean. (tiptone = pedantic ass) :)

When I first heard about this last week I stopped by the PO here on campus to send out a package and asked the ladies at the counter about it. One of them knew about the postage increase but said she didn't think the 4.05 -> 4.60 jump sounded right at all. She looked it up in a stack of papers and said "You know you're right.". Then she went back 3 more times to verify saying all the while that it seemed like a big jump in Priority for no reason.

.39 -> .41 = 5.1% increase

4.05 -> 4.60 = 13.5% increase

But I know what you mean. (tiptone = pedantic ass) :)

When I first heard about this last week I stopped by the PO here on campus to send out a package and asked the ladies at the counter about it. One of them knew about the postage increase but said she didn't think the 4.05 -> 4.60 jump sounded right at all. She looked it up in a stack of papers and said "You know you're right.". Then she went back 3 more times to verify saying all the while that it seemed like a big jump in Priority for no reason.

Cmon' it was 10:49 in the morning.... I stand corrected.

What I wanted to say is that even at the price hike rates USPS Priority is probably the best and most cost effective way to ship items.

Right now I'm waiting on a package that's coming via UPS Ground and this is the fourth day already. It may get here tomorrow then again it might not. Granted, there was a Sunday included in the wait time but seriously, UPS just sucks.

Had the same package gone out USPS I know for a fact that it would have already been here on Saturday.

Also, USPS priority is still cheaper than UPS Ground and you get better service.

Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

On the other hand I just won something off of E-bay and the guy said he shipped it priority on 5/9... I checked the DC and it says it was shipped but nothing else.... so shipped W,...Th, Fr, Sat ...Mon ...Still nothing...Not to mention something naughty from CbUa, that shoulda' been here already.

What I wanted to say is that even at the price hike rates USPS Priority is probably the best and most cost effective way to ship items.

Right now I'm waiting on a package that's coming via UPS Ground and this is the fourth day already. It may get here tomorrow then again it might not. Granted, there was a Sunday included in the wait time but seriously, UPS just sucks.

Had the same package gone out USPS I know for a fact that it would have already been here on Saturday.

Also, USPS priority is still cheaper than UPS Ground and you get better service.

Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

Note: The DC Slip is up to $0.70 now, a very big jump over the previous $0.55. What has already been mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. I don't recall all of them but First Class at $0.41 is only good to a max of 3.5 oz, rather than 10oz or 12oz as before. Small envelopes that are over 3.5oz start at $1.13 for the first oz and then $0.17 an oz there after. Any envelope or whatever over a 1/2" thick is now considered a package, at different and higher rates as well.

Check out USPS.COM for all detail, so you can really get sick!:c

I am beginning to hate the USPS as much as I hate the Oil Companies & Electric (Power) Companies. For the most part, they are the most wasteful and poorly managed businesses in the world!!!:gn

Johnny

very sad i have to send stuff out in the morning and you know what the ups store is next to the P.O. i may need to see if it would be cheaper to start using them. the only thing i can for see is that the free boxes you get from the P.O. will make it cheaper. :mad:

I am beginning to hate the USPS as much as I hate the Oil Companies & Electric (Power) Companies. For the most part, they are the most wasteful and poorly managed businesses in the world!!!:gn

Johnny

My grandpa was a postmaster for something like 42 years. He's been retired now for about six or seven years. He still complains every day about how badly the USPS is run.

Back