Stogies vs. Cigarettes?

Studebaker

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Hey CS amigos, I've read scattered comments in other threads and it's gotten my curiosity up. How many of you smoke cigars and cigarettes, how many smoke cigars exclusively?

As for me, I've really gotten into stogies but would never *ever* touch a cigarette. I don't like the way they smell and I'm convinced they're more harmful than cigars. Am I in the minority?

Not passing judgement, just really interested in hearing what others think.

Regards :ss

I personally don't like being addicted to anything. I like cigars because they're a treat to myself or smoked during a special occasion, etc...I don't smoke every day.

I only smoke cigars. I haven't ever been a cigarette smoker. I tried once in 8th grade but it didn't stick..

Started at age 16 ... have been a 3+ pack a dayer ... currently I'm at about 2 packs a day.

Stick with the stogies. Cigs have nothing to offer you but a monkey on your back.

I quit smoking cigarette a few years back. hardest thing I've ever had to do.
I don't hack up a lung every morning now and I do over 100 pushups a day.
I could have never done that when I was smoking those things.
cigarettes are the devil

I have occasionally smoked cigarettes socially but never particularly liked them I have smoked and loved cigars for a long time. After watching the Modern Marvels episode on Cigarettes I don't know if I will ever let myself smoke one again. Not even in the same species as far as I'm concerned.

I have occasionally smoked cigarettes socially but never particularly liked them I have smoked and loved cigars for a long time. After watching the Modern Marvels episode on Cigarettes I don't know if I will ever let myself smoke one again. Not even in the same species as far as I'm concerned.

don't do it man
those things will sneak up on you and before you know it you can't put em down

Smoked (1) cigarette and burned down a farmers field and hacked all day when I was 16... never smoke them again ever. Cigars are a special thing not every day...

To me it's like sex at my age... I relish it when I get it (not too often)!

cigars only

i actually started smoking because i wanted some sort of guilty pleasure, without the effect on my lungs

as they say cigarette smokers smoke because they have to; cigar smokers smoke because they want to

cigars exclusively. i've tried a cigarette here and there, usually when drunk at a bar standing next to a hot female who happens to be smoking and that's my only "in" , and i want to hack up my lung the next day. not for me.

I smoke cigarettes at bars. My wife and I have cut back on cigarettes to about 1 pack a week between the two of us. I smoke 1/2 a pack of cigarettes a week. During the summer my cigar consumption goes up to 2-3 a day. I'd much rather have a cigar than a cigarette, but sometimes that quick fix is just tempting.

I'd never start again. Hopefully I can fully quit here in the next few months and stick with only the cigars.

Of course then my wife may start smoking through my humidor as quick as she drinks my scotch.

On second thought... Perhaps I'll buy her a carton tonight.:D

D

As for me, I've really gotten into stogies but would never *ever* touch a cigarette. I don't like the way they smell and I'm convinced they're more harmful than cigars. Am I in the minority?

yeah, i've read a bunch of health articles on smoking and most of them try to spin cigar smoking as being as bad for you as cigarette smoking. it seems health industries generally try to get you away from any tobacco product.

not inhaling makes a huge difference....now if you're inhaling....well, that's a different story.

I only smoke cigars and pipes. I don't like cigarettes, I do have one occasionally, but I don't like them. Cigars aren't safe, but I don't inhale them, so my asthma doesn't bother me too much.

I used to use snuff - but I quit about 10 years back - that was the hardest thing I ever did.

Now I only smoke Cigars, and then only 3 to 5 per month. (so why do I have like 300 in the humi?):D

I started smoking cigarettes at the young (stupid) age of seventeen and by the time I quit, in the early sixtys I was up to about two and a half packs a day. after quiting cigarettes I started smoking a pipe, but for me it was just too much trouble to cart around all the accessories, Lately (I'm retired) I've been thinking about giving the pipe a try again. I've been smoking cigars, seriously, since 1991, when I retired, and now smoke cigars exclusively.:)

Back