Storing boxes in coolerdor vertically? Ok?

Don't see why not, so long as they didn't fall out or spill open and get damaged.

Kegan :cb

That would be my main concern, esp. after the box gets smoked about halfway down and if they do not have cello on them you can risk wrapper damage if they are falling against each other are against the lid. although I have stored this way, I try to avoid it unless it is a full box.

Just my :2.

Mark

What exactly is the advantage of using a cooler? Don't you need more air transfer than they give? Since I live in ga I am afraid if I start using a cooler as a humidor I will have to get a gun rack for my truck and starting saying crap like 'git er done'.

What exactly is the advantage of using a cooler? Don't you need more air transfer than they give? Since I live in ga I am afraid if I start using a cooler as a humidor I will have to get a gun rack for my truck and starting saying crap like 'git er done'.

Advantages:
- cost: much cheaper than a comparably sized humidor
- space: takes up less space in your home
- convenience: it's easy to move, a particularly handy feature for those of us who have to stay one step ahead of the law ;
- unobtrusive: SO thinks it's a cooler, and so doesn't give me crap about having 500 cigars

Air transfer can be an issue, but if you poke around you'll see some ingenious solutions using small fans

Cost advantage I would imagine. I'll drop $50 on a large cooler before I'd drop $200 on a vinotemp that holds about the same amount. Might not be as pretty but since I don't let people hang out in my closet anyways, not really an issue. :)

I've been tossing the idea around in my head about which one to get. I think I'm going leaning towards a cooler, but I am supposed to be checking out a wine cooler tonight.

Cost advantage I would imagine. I'll drop $50 on a large cooler before I'd drop $200 on a vinotemp that holds about the same amount. Might not be as pretty but since I don't let people hang out in my closet anyways, not really an issue. :)

I've been tossing the idea around in my head about which one to get. I think I'm going leaning towards a cooler, but I am supposed to be checking out a wine cooler tonight.

This is true, but a cooler will not cool the cigars. I got a vinotemp, I live in AZ and using a cooler I dont think would be smart...my sticks are sitting at 65 degrees and 67% RH constantly.

This is true, but a cooler will not cool the cigars. I got a vinotemp, I live in AZ and using a cooler I dont think would be smart...my sticks are sitting at 65 degrees and 67% RH constantly.

If I were keeping my sticks anywhere but inside... I'd definitely considering the vinotemp's more seriously. Our house stays in the 72-75 range throughout most of the year.

Back