Storing boxes one end?

SUOrangeGuy

Alpha Silverback
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a few new boxes of cigars and to fit them in my aging humidor with everything else I have I needed to put a couple of them standing upright. I've never done this before and I wonder what you all think about this.

thanks, Anthony

I don't think it's an issue - especially if the boxes are full. I would see problems with loose sticks rolling around in side the box.

Cigars in full boxes are tightly packed and won't be damaged by by storing them in any position. Fit 'em in the best way you can without fear.

Teninx said:
Cigars in full boxes are tightly packed and won't be damaged by by storing them in any position. Fit 'em in the best way you can without fear.

:tpd:

As long as the humidor is not moving around, the cigars won't move. They will rest in the box if it's on it's side or not...just becarfull turning the box right-side-up if it is not totally full. :D

Running out of room in the humi...must be rough ;)

If it were me I would make sure the end with the caps was facing down, I would think storing then verticaly with the foot facing down could possible damage them. I would probably just be paranoid.

burninator said:
Just don't store them upside down or all the tobacco will rush to their heads.

Crap! Now I've got to go out and rearrange all those damn boxes! :tg

Ron

Put them in like a puzzle !

May not be the best looking site sometimes. But definatley OK.

No more room !!! I feel bad for you.... :r

Just make sure the lids are secure. I always pull out the nail before I store and had to pick up a few sticks that fell on the floor a couple of times.:)

Back