Strange cigar sighting

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
I was at a gas station/convenience store in Shipshewana, IN today getting a beverage and on the counter, in a cardboard box were some 5 Vegas torps. They were sitting out, unhumidified with a handwritten sign saying "Premium Cigars" on it. I picked one up and it was as crunchy as a frosted flake! Yummy!

MCS

That is odd, I was in a gas station in Mulberry, Indiana, well several times in the last month, and they too have “premium” Cigars on the counter, however, at least these are Gurkha Grand Reserve, in the tubs, with the Gold (Makers Mark like) wax tops. Oh and get this, they are only $16 each.
What is it with the Gas station Premium cigar trend in Indiana?

Down here it is common practice to get your cigars at the gas station and your gas at the B&M. You silly Americans are so complicated.

I've seen B&M's in my area close their humidors to get out of the premium cigars business.

One set up card tables close to the entrance with what was left of the inventory displayed for sale, with no humidity, & not discounted (he had boom prices on his cigars & that was one of the reasons why he was getting out of the premium cigar business).

The other (his brother) just put the cigars in a glass case w/o benefit of humidifiers.

When I was in Monaco they had the same setup..... At the magazine/newspaper shop you can see the cabinet behind the counter filled with Cohibas and such... no humidification and way overpriced.
sun dried rockets?

MCS, you know how those Amish do! This sight shouldn't have surprised you one bit.

I tell ya what though, nothing better than a dried out 5 Vegas and some Yoder's Beef Jerky...good time, good times!

I was at a gas station/convenience store in Shipshewana, IN today getting a beverage and on the counter, in a cardboard box were some 5 Vegas torps. They were sitting out, unhumidified with a handwritten sign saying "Premium Cigars" on it. I picked one up and it was as crunchy as a frosted flake! Yummy!

MCS

So, how much did you pay for it? :r

MCS

you know what would be even cooler than your current (huge) signature picture?

this one:
hello_kitty_lover.gif

Back