Strange looking Bumps?

Padron42

Gorilla
I bought a few Padron singles the other day online, and my 7000 seems to have some strange bumps all along it. I've never seen this and I was wondering what it may be. Anyone experienced this before?

P1000226.jpg

P1000225.jpg

I think I've seen some refer to it also as "teeth." 2nd NCradioman when saying a lot of padrons have it. I think it's just more subtle than that pic there on most padrons.

Tooth and grain are different, Richard.

From the referenced site:

"Tooth refers to the sandy bumps on a wrapper, which is a naturally-occurring characteristic of certain tobacco strains (e.g., Cameroon). Grain is the white speckles on the wrapper ash, and is the sign of excessive magnesium and potash. You could have a wrapper that was toothy and also grainy, but you could also have a wrapper that didn't have tooth and yet exhibited grain."

I actually jjust smoked a PAM and noticed a little bit of the bumps on the ash too. It smoked and tasted great though I'm surprised I've never really noticed this happen. I guess it just took a crazy amount of them on that one for me to really notice.

good toothy wrappers are a thing of beauty. That one looks just fine from this angle. Smoke and enjoy.

The way that I read it going back to the citation is that if the bumps are on the wrapper, they are tooth and if they are on the ash, they are grain. This is also the way that I have always understood the terms.

Back