Suggestions on rewards for weight loss

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark
I've started my path down to a healthier lifestyle, which means addressing my weight issues. So what I've come up with is cigar rewards at 10lb intervals of weight lost!

The rewards would start small and increase in potential.....
Lets say I'm at 325lb to start...

1. reward given at 310
2. reward given at 300
3. reward given at 290
4. reward given at 280
5. reward given at 270
6. reward given at 260
7. reward given at 250
8. reward given at 240
9. reward given at 230
10. reward given at 220

I would really be happy to get under 300 and stay under, but my ideal weight would be around 220 (still heavy but manageable). Also, if I win the reward for losing weight to say 280, I can't win that reward again, just in case I gain it back and lose it. I have to take my weight down to 270 for the next reward.

So suggestions on 'cigar rewards' I should get myself at each level? I have items like GoF and Opus X Forbidden X, but I'd love to see others opinions of cigar type rewards for obtaining milestone.

I personally don't want to shell out cash on weekly basis on the nice big giants like Cohibas, but a few for staged rewards I can do.

I'm open to any suggestions and thoughts.....BTW I've already started my exercise and change in eating lifestyle. I will weight myself on Sunday (10/7) for a start weight.

If you make your ultimate goal of 220...

give yourself a "His Majesty's Reserve." :tu

In all sincerity, I hope you may continue with this aspiration... I have recently decided to do the same. I got up to around 240 and would like to be below 200 again. Been eating a lot healthier and making full use of our free campus gym!

Hope you get there, brother!

Tell you what you hit 250 LBS and I will front you the reward. Your reward from me will be a Cohiba Robusto with at least a year on it.

You send me a pm when you hit the 250 lbs and free of charge I will send you your reward - I am working on the honor system here.

Saves you giving yourself the reward and hopefully will encourage you more.

Now get at it - this cigar needs to be smoked.

Edit - actually if you have someone you would like to hold this in trust with I would be happy to send it to them as I would like to see you smoking as you step off the scale. Instant reward vs. waiting the 2 weeks it takes to ship from Canada sometimes (plus the weather is great for shipping now).

Last edited:
A guy I work with just started his diet and will get a Harley if he drops 100 pounds in a year.

I believe he said he is at 330lbs and needs to drop to 230lbs.

A guy I work with just started his diet and will get a Harley if he drops 100 pounds in a year.

I believe he said he is at 330lbs and needs to drop to 230lbs.

Nice...that is a huge gift to himself compared to cigar smoking. An investment of a lifetime...just like weightloss.

Tell you what you hit 250 LBS and I will front you the reward. Your reward from me will be a Cohiba Robusto with at least a year on it.

You send me a pm when you hit the 250 lbs and free of charge I will send you your reward - I am working on the honor system here.

Saves you giving yourself the reward and hopefully will encourage you more.

Now get at it - this cigar needs to be smoked.

Edit - actually if you have someone you would like to hold this in trust with I would be happy to send it to them as I would like to see you smoking as you step off the scale. Instant reward vs. waiting the 2 weeks it takes to ship from Canada sometimes (plus the weather is great for shipping now).

If anyone around me would be a loyal supporter, I'd pick catfish or icehog3.
Your generosity is just too kind.

Nice idea! Since I've starting doing portion control and working out slightly heavier, I've gotten down from 171 to 158...that's all bodyfat too! I know it doesn't seem like alot, but I'm short and fat looks stupid on short people. I originally had my goal at 145, but I don't know if I can do it without being all sickly looking. :hn

Nice idea! Since I've starting doing portion control and working out slightly heavier, I've gotten down from 171 to 158...that's all bodyfat too! I know it doesn't seem like alot, but I'm short and fat looks stupid on short people. I originally had my goal at 145, but I don't know if I can do it without being all sickly looking. :hn

That's awesome man. It gets more challenging when you have weight you want to lose and don't really have a place to lose it from. Then you want to switch to tone/bulking so you can be all icehog3 like...and the weight trickles up from the nice lean muscle you are stacking.

I think the diet of stoli vodka must be the answer!

you know...if Gerry can get back his 6-pack abs...I should be able to drop and keep off weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle!

Congrats on starting for a healthier future. I'm going to start something a bit like this, and when I'm done, I'm gonna do a contest. Haven't figure out exactly what yet, but maybe a then and now guess the weight type of thing. I've lost about 15 lbs over the past month(post-op liquid diet had quite a bit to do with it) and even with only a few pounds I feel a difference. It's also pretty cool when your pants don't fit anymore. Every time I have to pull them back up, or tighten my belt another notch I feel a little bit of pride. Best of luck with your endeavor.
Adam

Oh, and the reward for 220 should be the best damn stick you can get your paws on, but try and get it now, so you've got something to motivate you everytime you open that humi. If I had a Siglo VI in my humi that I knew I couldn't touch until I'm thin, I don't think I could open it without taking 4 steps back, and hopping on the treadmill.

Congrats on starting for a healthier future. I'm going to start something a bit like this, and when I'm done, I'm gonna do a contest. Haven't figure out exactly what yet, but maybe a then and now guess the weight type of thing. I've lost about 15 lbs over the past month(post-op liquid diet had quite a bit to do with it) and even with only a few pounds I feel a difference. It's also pretty cool when your pants don't fit anymore. Every time I have to pull them back up, or tighten my belt another notch I feel a little bit of pride. Best of luck with your endeavor.
Adam

Oh, and the reward for 220 should be the best damn stick you can get your paws on, but try and get it now, so you've got something to motivate you everytime you open that humi. If I had a Siglo VI in my humi that I knew I couldn't touch until I'm thin, I don't think I could open it without taking 4 steps back, and hopping on the treadmill.

Awesome idea...I might do a running contest of sorts...kinda like a over/under bet to encourage me and the contest winners!

I have to notch a new hole in my belt now cause its way to loose where it is at. I can also fit into XXL shirts I've had in my closet for over a year (not worn) since about end of August. And...I was able to fit into the dress pants from my brother's wedding over 2 years ago....finally..but I wasn't comfortable wearing it cause it was still a little snug...but I could zip and button the damn thing!

That's awesome man. It gets more challenging when you have weight you want to lose and don't really have a place to lose it from. Then you want to switch to tone/bulking so you can be all icehog3 like...and the weight trickles up from the nice lean muscle you are stacking.

I think the diet of stoli vodka must be the answer!

Thanks for the nice words. Oh, I did have to cut back on Miller Lite, to try to get my mid-section tight. That is hard especially during the football season. I do have Jim Beam to console me for my efforts, so that's a plus! :tu

I tend to stay away from the scale. When ya first drop weight, you will lose pounds fast. Most weight will be that soft weight and water weight.Than as you get farther along the pounds will be harder and harder to drop. Depending on what kind of training regiment you are going with.

My suggestion would be once you develope a diet, reward yourself for sticking to it. Im my opinion the scale can be a misleading thing. You may drop 10 pounds in one week but less a week later. Which figuring your plan, you may go 2-3 weeks without a reward later down the road which can lead you to cheat or fall off the wagon. Look in the mirror and stick to your diet. I would reward myself weekly with a good meal, and a good smoke, for being good on my diet and not missing any exercise routines.

Just my 2 cents, but I find that people obsess TOO MUCH about weight, not diet so much, how they feel, and how they look. Your weight can vary so much from many different things. Eat good, exercise, keep yourself healthy. They tell you now, that you would be better off a little heavy, happy, and healthly than skinny, tired, unhappy, and unhealthy.

If ya need any serious help though, feel free to pm me. I worked 2 years as a personal trainer, and a nutritionist.

Last year when I dropped weight I saved money every time I worked out. For example, every time you go to the gym save 5$ and then at the end of the month you can use the money on stogies:ss
I used my money for an ipod.

FYI: 1 miller lite=96 calories, 1.5 oz (jigger) 80 proof liquor=97 calories. Trust me I know it sucks. I used these websites for my weight loss efforts.
http://www.nutritiondata.com/ and
http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/

GOOD LUCK:tu

Thanks for the nice words. Oh, I did have to cut back on Miller Lite, to try to get my mid-section tight. That is hard especially during the football season. I do have Jim Beam to console me for my efforts, so that's a plus! :tu

I don't know if this is a good joke or I should say it with a straight face.
I have one very good diet tip. Arange herf locations like a mile or two a way from your house and run, jog, or brisk walk there. I found that exercise was the most importent thing for me when I lost 45 lbs.

need to start again :)

I am also on the path to loose weight. Right now I'm coming in at a little over 190lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I'm pretty short, and I can definitely feel the added weight, especially when trying to put on clothes that used to fit <sigh>. I used to workout like a madman a few years ago, going to the gym five days a week and all that, but now I honestly just don't have the time. Also, motivation is a b!tch these days because after a 10-12 hour work day, I really don't feel like hitting the gym. Not to mention every time I do manage to loose a little weight, I reward myself with junk food or over eating. It's a vicious cycle that's for sure. My goal is to get back to about 165lbs, which would be just about right for me. I'm thinking this cigar every so many pounds is a good plan for loosing weight and I'm going to adopt it as well. Thanks for the great idea!

I think we all probably feel like we could be living a little healthier for the most part (minus our good habit of course) in one way or another, and when you see people like tchariya making the honest effort it really puts things into perspective for me. I wish everyone here the best of luck in their fitness goals!!

Last edited:
This is a great idea. Reading through this post has really inspired me to get in shape again. I lost a good amount of weight last year but lost the motivation to keep me active. Hopefully a reward system like this will motivate me more. Thanks guys.

I tend to stay away from the scale. When ya first drop weight, you will lose pounds fast. Most weight will be that soft weight and water weight.Than as you get farther along the pounds will be harder and harder to drop. Depending on what kind of training regiment you are going with.

My suggestion would be once you develope a diet, reward yourself for sticking to it. Im my opinion the scale can be a misleading thing. You may drop 10 pounds in one week but less a week later. Which figuring your plan, you may go 2-3 weeks without a reward later down the road which can lead you to cheat or fall off the wagon. Look in the mirror and stick to your diet. I would reward myself weekly with a good meal, and a good smoke, for being good on my diet and not missing any exercise routines.

Just my 2 cents, but I find that people obsess TOO MUCH about weight, not diet so much, how they feel, and how they look. Your weight can vary so much from many different things. Eat good, exercise, keep yourself healthy. They tell you now, that you would be better off a little heavy, happy, and healthly than skinny, tired, unhappy, and unhealthy.

If ya need any serious help though, feel free to pm me. I worked 2 years as a personal trainer, and a nutritionist.

Awesome awesome....its good to see advice like this; especially the personal trainer/nutritionist portion. That type of consultation can get pricey at gyms or training centers and such. Every much is appreciated.

I do understand that at first the weight will be the water and soft weight, that it could be misleading first few months through when the weight drops easily and not so easily later down the line. I'm glad that you made it apparent that 'cheating on the diet or losing interest on the workout' could be adverse affect when you don't see the lbs drop off.

All wonderful words of encouragement and praise. I intend to use CS forums as a visual diary and support structure as I plug through my life altering diet and exercise regiment.

As for now, i'm trying to get into the rhythm of things and start my heart rate climbing and start the joints moving again. This ol' machine needs some oiling up before I dive into something dramatic. I don't want to die of a heart attack because I'm not ready physically to push myself hard. I mentally am ready and gauging my strengths and weaknesses and working from there.

All this encouragement helps tons! Thanks guys/gals.

BigFrankMD, I might be hitting you up for some 'consultation' as I get myself conditioned to work out with the equipment at the gym. Right now I'm out of breath and knees are burning after a 4-5min bike ride on the LifeCycle.

I don't know if this is a good joke or I should say it with a straight face.
I have one very good diet tip. Arange herf locations like a mile or two a way from your house and run, jog, or brisk walk there. I found that exercise was the most importent thing for me when I lost 45 lbs.

need to start again :)

Hey Mitre.....sound like something you want to take part of? We can do a jog/walk mini-herf?!

Back