Super Premium Cigars

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-02 AT 09:25 PM (CDT)]Padron Anniversary, Perdomo Estate Selection, Diamond Crown, most of the Davidoff line, and Fuente Anejo.

Not to forget A. Fuente Hemingway series(all)and CAO ODYSSEY.
One not to many people smoke due to price is the Graycliff Line from the Bahamas.
:)

Depends on what you think 'super' & 'premium' mean. Niether of what you listed are 'super' or 'premium' to me. I like some better than others, but that doesn't mean they are premium cigars. Now if your talking categories of full, medium or mild flavor / taste, then I could add some cigars to that listing.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-02 AT 11:05 PM (CDT)]I don't think CastlemanCigars is asking for cigars that are of "super" or "premium" quality, seagarsmoker, but rather for cigars that are marketed as "super premium." Now, when you think about it, most, if not all, brands have their "super premium" lines. As OPT mentioned, Puros Indios has the Maxima Reserva. Some others are Partagas Limited Reserve, Montecristo Le Cigare Des Arts, and Macanudo Vintage 1988 - the list goes on and on. There are also brands such as Graycliff, which jeffreya mentioned, in which the entire brand qualifies as "super premium." Of course, just because a cigar is a "super premium" doesn't mean it's a good cigar. There are plenty of mediocre "super premiums."

I have read many postings in this forum for a long time, I just chose to become a member last month. There was a nice welcome from quite a few members, to those members again I say thank you. On the home page there is a no snob sign yet I find there are members that do talk down to you. I would like to remind those persons without offending them that there are some of us that live and work in the real world where pre embargo cubans and 6,8,10,year aged cigars are not in our price range nor could I smoke them everyday as you do. I do not talk down to anyone regardless of there status or there taste in cigars, I feel that everyone deserves that same respect. Now with that said if you where to walk into a cigar store and ask for a premium or a super premium cigar I am quite sure that they will point you to all of the cigars mentioned as those are the same ones that I do recommend to my customers. :)

"You never Know"

How about OpusX,AshtonVSG,Cohiba (nonISOM)Le Cigar Des Arts-Monte Christo,Hoya de Monterey Excaliber?

Thanks for the comments. If some LLG's are doing this
I'm sure they don't mean too. I have been here for a
long time and found all to be helpful and friendly.
I also know some post have a good load of sarcasm in
them to. Some may be playing the snob, a little friendly
ribbing without being serious. We do have some members
that do allocate more funds to the hobby. I just try
to live vicariously through them. Hang in here with us.

Guys and Gals -

I am by no means a Super Premium Cigar smoker. My thought is this - if it is over $5 a smoke I won't touch it! In fact of my regular rotation I don't have a single smoke over $3. Now I don't smoke daily, but a couple a week do me just fine. So when I do smoke I want a great cigar and don't mind paying a little for it. But overall you can have the PAMs, VSG, and Opus and I'll take my ERDM, 1958s, Occidentals and be happy.

No cigar snob sign is proudly lit in my house.

Well, I am absolutely a Super Premium Cigar Smoker. In fact I am a Super, Super Premium Cigar Smoker. If it is not at least 20 years old and costing a minmum of $100.00 per stick then I am not interested. In fact I snuck into Club Stogie under false pretenses. I am a Cigar Snob. There I said it. I feel so much better. The truth will set you free. I feel that a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. An added benefit is that thanks to Jeff I have gained some insight into the "real world". I was laboring under the misconception that everyone smoked Pre-embargo Cubans and aged Davidoffs. Imagine my shock. I realize now how hurtful my reviews of aged ISOM's must have been to the poor poverty stricken members of this board. Still, I am not the only one. There are other snobs out there and you know who you are. Step forward now and we will march together to a far distant cigar board where our effete and condescending ways will be revered. Or we could just light up a freakin' cigar and laugh at ourselves. LMFAO!!

ok- ok- you got me... i better step forward too. yes, i am
a cigar snob, not because i smoke expensive cigars, but i
really can taste hints of burnt 7-year old madagascar vanilla.
oh man... i feel better already. a weight has been lifted-
thank you steve.

b]

I can't taste any of that crap, but I still smoke expensive cigars, all that weight is now on me and crushing me, time to have 97 SLR.}>

OK, I like the expensive ones too, but I can't get past the taste of things like old wallet, and dirt...maybe Madigascar dirt, but no 7-year old vanilla. How about a hint of peppery cow poop. :+ :+ :+

hookt on fonix.
Joe S.

I think we should relish the thought that we can become a Super, Super Premium Cigar Smoker through "hard work". If that is the case I am on my way! LMAO at the introvert Steve openning up his hummor side. LMAO with a big smile with Steve!! :) :) :)

TAK

Back