T25 article

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
clicky

Anybody else read that? Seems like bullhockey to me. On their site they even call their cigars cuban, despit the fact they are from costa rica. And soil has a lot to do with flavor. I don't need a phd to figure that out.

I'm not liking this outfit :rolleyes:

pnoon said:
I agree.
But how can you ignore "Individually cellophane tubed" cigars? :D

:r Or how this is the most exciting cigar news in 45 years. I tell ya, i've been waiting my whole life for tobacco grown out of cuba that tastes like tobacco grown in cuba during the 50's.

Txdawg said:
I agree, maybe the sampler is worth a look for only $22 for 5 sticks

I make it a point to avoid any cigar with that kind of gimmick behind it, no matter the price. Pinar's aren't all that expensive either.

I like heirloom seeds.

When I plant a garden I always use older varieties of seeds rather than get the most popular current varieties in Walmart.

The limited genetic variability in a lot of agricultural crops makes for near monoculture, somewhat risky if a disease susceptibility comes around. Besides, a lot of the breeding efforts in vegetables/fruits are not for flavor, but for size, color, evenness of ripening, and other things I don't care about at the expense of degrading flavor.

These guys doing the same thing for tobacco is interesting. I don't know if I'd buy anything from them, since the seeds are grown in Costa Rica and not Cuba, they won't taste like Cuban cigars from Cuba 40 years ago even if the seeds are exactly the same.

On the other hand, "Cuban cigars, loaded with flavor oleoresins, respond well to savvy smoking techniques" is ridiculous, since the definition of an oleoresin is an oil extracted from a plant material using solvent. If it is in the plant, it isn't an oleoresin. Now, it can be called a resin obviously ... but that isn't what they said.

They say the gum they use is gum tragacanth. Hmmm ... I'm going to have to see if I have some of that in the lab.

Last edited:
Back