Taboo Boot Camp

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
Pre-smoke
Scent and look of wrapper: Beautiful, oily maduro wrapper with a spicy scent.

Scent at Foot: Pepper, leather, and woodsy smell.

Wrapper: Amazing wrapper with a lot of oils and only one noticeable vein running the length of it.

Feel: A little spongy/soft, but I gave this smoke about an hour or two in my humidors before I smoked it.

Tongue: A very dense roll of great tasting cigar tobacco.

Flavor on Pre-light draw: I got the spices and slight nutty flavors.

Smoke
Taste: Initially, the tastes were there. The spices were very full and quite pleasant from the very start.

Flavor Changes: The first third was really nice and I was excited about what was to come. The second third was consistant with the first and the spices picked-up, as well as the aroma of the smoke and lingering flavors in my mouth. The last third was great. The flavors exploded and I was pleasantly surprised with the pepper and other spices that were fully developed by the final third.

Strength: The Boot Camp began as a great medium flavored smoke and didn't disappoint. There was no over-powering or dominant flavor, but a complex mesh of great tastes. By the end, the strength picked-up to very full bodied and still quite enjoyable.

Feeling: The Boot Camp was a great surprise in a cigar that was gifted to me by Rob at Taboo. I loved it and am sure that a little age would have made it better and more complex.

Scent of Smoke: I loved the scent and amount of smoke from this cigar.

Heat on Fingers and in Mouth: I got a little heat in my mouth, but nothing on my fingers or in my mouth, until I started to nub it, which is quite understandable.

Draw and burn: The draw was perfect. The ash was amazing and only dropped 3 times throughout the entire smoke. There were some dark colors in the dense ash that hung on and wouldn't drop. The burn was a little off, but it corrected itself before I was 1/2 finished.

Finish: I really, REALLY, liked this cigar. I will definatly be adding this to my humidors and will try to share with friends and in bombs. This is the "sleeper cigar" that one might not try on their own, but be wanting more of when they finish it.

Other Aspects of the Cigar Smoking Experience: As stated earlier, I smoked this about 2 hours after it arrived. I couldn't contain myself and I immediatly had to try it. The oils on the maduro wrapper had me excited and the flavors didn't disappoint. For less than $4, it's a great smoke. In some ways, it reminded me of the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro, but the ring guage was a little bigger. With a little age, I'm positive this cigar will gain a lot more in complexity.

Excellent review!:tu
I just got some of these myself and can't wait to try one.
Sounds like it is a tasty smoke.

They are great smokes and I think it would have been better if I'd have let it calm down for a bit in my humidor. Oh well, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I'm hoping to pick up some of these for the MoB herf and for my herfs with my buddies, but I need to save up a little scratch first.

They are great smokes and I think it would have been better if I'd have let it calm down for a bit in my humidor. Oh well, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I'm hoping to pick up some of these for the MoB herf and for my herfs with my buddies, but I need to save up a little scratch first.

Gentlemen,
This cigar is on sale for $3.50/cigar on TabooCigars.com
Special Forces BootCamp blend.
I did a blind taste test against the CAO MX2 Toros last week with 3 of my local customers. All 3 picked the Taboo over the CAO. I don't know if that is saying much, but at $3.50 you can't go wrong!
Appreciate the review and your support
Rob

I agree, Scud... this is definitely a good cigar. Rob was wise to keep and sell these, even though they were not the butt-kicker Special Forces he wanted. Way to go, Rob! :tu

Excellent review, as well. Good reading with nice detail. :ss

Back