Taboo Special Forces Original Robusto

Grumpy Dano

Lost In The Jungle
As promised I got to try my first Taboo today. It was the Robusto Special Forces Original. It was sent to me by jaycarla as posted in the bomb thread yesterday. Again a thanks goes out to him for giving me that chance at a Taboo.

Before lighting it up I noticed it was very dark wrapped and the appearance was solid and all in all a very good wrapped cigar. I did a punch cut on it and toasted the foot and began to enjoy.

A note here, about ten minutes into it, my water heater burst so this was smoked during the mad rush to eliminate the ongoing distraction of having to put out that fire so I could enjoy this fired up smoke. I do not like to be distracted when trying to enjoy what would turn out to be a very pleasant experience.

taboo191608.jpg

The first tastes were spicy but not overpowering. It was easy to snork and very mellow but for the most part tasty.

I noticed right after firing it up it seemed to draw a little hard, but for being distracted as i was, I didn't pay the tight draw too much attention.

taboo291608.jpg

At this point I noticed a little irregular burn but the taste held solid but it seemed to not improve as far as the draw went. I did something I never have tried before and was scared I was about to screw up but I took my cutter and snipped off the cap just a little and the draw improved somewhat. I guess the snipping off was done before the cap got to moist and it didn't damage the cap area at all, lucky me.

taboo391608.jpg

At this point it still was burning a little irregular but I figured when the ash finally did decide to drop away I could repair that easily, but still the draw seemed tight. This sucker definitely hold the ash well and still the taste was good and I even has hints of a semi sweetness to it.

taboo491608.jpg

With the first ash drop off I did a little investigation and found the tight spot on the stick was at the cap area so I did a little gently rolling it and squeezing it in my fingers and all of a sudden the draw problem was not an issue anymore. Again the ash held solid, and the taste was medium to me and the flavor was pleasant.

taboo591608.jpg

As you can see with the better draw I think the burn corrected itself nicely and the flavor intensified as it got to a nub size.

All in all it was a very enjoyable smoke and I noticed when all was done I had a slight buzz going as well. I needed that as by this time I was up to my neck with a water heater mess that just wouldn't go away.

I will smoke more of these for sure. Next time it will be on my terms and not my exploded water heater.

I hope this half-assed review helps those out there who were deciding to go grab one of these cause I think its definitely worth a try, and definitely worth another day as well.

-Danny

Nice review, and especially well done pics. I still haven't had my first Taboo yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for spending the time to share your thoughts. Hope the water heater problems are solved.

Have one sitting in the humi. Was saving that for a special occasion, maybe tomorrow is that day!!!
Great review, and awesome pics. Thanks!

Thanks for the great review and photo's Danny. The Taboo SFO robusto is a nice little smoke and glad you enjoyed it (considering the damp circumstances this afternoon):ss

Nice review. :tu I've had the twist but not any of the SF's. One day I will get one from taboo and hope to enjoy it as much as you did. :ss

We have the following SFO sizes coming in Monday?

5 1/2x42
6x50
7 1/2x40
6x56Torpedo
7x50

:dr:dr:dr:dr I will let you guys know if they pass my smoke test.
If any of you are local, you are welcome to come down when the shipment comes in and help us test the cigars. (on me) Call us on Friday or Monday and we will let you know if the shipment is here. We will post on the website after the cigars pass the test and then post on CS.

Greta review! I especially like the ppic framing. what do you use to edit?

need to get out a special forces. haven't lit one up yet.

Nice review! I like the SFO. They have a much nicer burn if they are dry boxed a couple of days before smoking.

I just had one of these today. I got it a couple months ago in the Taboo sampler. I really liked it. It tasted like cocoa. :tu

Nicely done, your water heater burst and you had the piece of mind to continue to not only smoke the stick but recall what it was you enjoyed about it/ Does this guy know how to party or what??

Back