Taboo Special Forces Robusto

CigarMonkel

Alpha Silverback
Pics will come later tonight since i am currently on my mom's laptop.

This cigar revealed itself as soon as i took it out of the cello to be an extremely oily and dark. At certain angles when you would hold this beauty in the light it looked like velvet. No exaggeration here. Words nor pictures can attest to this statement so you will have to buy the cigar for yourself and see (or steal your friends:D). It felt just as good as it looked between my finger tips, nice and firm and it had some weight to it. I was so excited to break into this cigar i almost forgot to my prelight routine.

The Draw from this was flawless and only gave me one more reason to be all over this cigar like bat chit on the national geographic camera crew. That was not the end of it either. Once light i got tastes of spices along with a spicy bite to it. Most times i figure, i'm just smoking to fast and its starting to bite. Nope this cigar for the first 1/4 had a spicyness to it which seemed to take over from the other tastes. The amount smoke it produced (from what i could tell since it was so windy out) was quite generous and thick. Even with the wind you could see nice clouds of smoke in the pictures.

As i neared the end of the first half of this cigar i was starting to pick up spices mixed with a cream. By now i was starting to realize this was a more medium to full bodied smoke and was starting to feel it, even though i had a bite to eat before hand i was still feeling it at the half way point in the cigar.

A game of chess and some iced coffee (my new favorite drink) were a nice mix of things, during down time while my friend was thinking of moves i would enjoy the SF and my iced coffee. I couldn't stop looking in awe at the wrapper and the fact that looked exactly like velvet and i have never seen anything like that before in a cigar.

Heading into the 3/4 point in the cigar the tastes were the same. A nice strong spice mixed with some cream. By now i had realized that the ash this thing produced was a true champ. A pure bred from the best horses money can buy. Between the wind, fixing burn issues (due to the wind im assuming) and purges (which i've noticed can have a strong effect on the ash) it was still holding up while taking a severe beating (pics of this to come). I tried to capture the true beating of the ash but could not capture it on camera. It would ash about every 2inches or so and it had a nice dark gray color to it along with your typical black sections and more pure white parts where the ash was hot from the cherry.

The finish was leaving a taste of spice as an aftertaste and the cream was still present in the foreground of the initial taste. I was surprised when i was getting an aftertaste because up to this point, the aftertaste had been nonexistent. This smoke is a must try for anyone who loves medium to full bodied cigars and has a taste for spice.

Burn: 8/10
Taste: 8.75/10
Construction: 9/10
Appearance: 10/10
smoke: 8/10

Thank you Taboo for another great cigar to add to my collection of must have cigars in my Humi at all times!

I know some of you might be thinking i am sucking up to Rob and Taboo... for those of you who think that, go buy yourselves a sampler from Taboo and if you still are unsatisfied with taboo PM me and i will send you a personal sampler of my own to make up for it. Some rules apply and will be talked about through PM's.

It had to be Original. We have never had a BC Robusto.

Thanks to everyone that take the time to review our Taboo Cigars. I know this is very time consuming and I really appreciate it.

I enjoy all the reviews here at CS. Taboo or not. I never read magazine reviews.....just my:2!

Have a great evening Fellas
Rob

Picture108-640.jpg

i know it doesn't look like it, but in person it looks like velvet... truly something else.
Picture113-640.jpg

uneven due to the wind but fix ups kept it in check.
Picture114-640.jpg

Picture111-640.jpg

some good ash, you can tell where the cherry was when it first ashed, nice and center.
Picture117-640.jpg

the beating from wind, purging and burn touch ups from the torch.
Picture118-640.jpg

some more beating
Picture115-640.jpg

beautiful

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for adding the pictures, they really help to make your review pop...I'm craving one now, thanks.

Thanks Ryan! Can't wait to try these! I sent the first two I received today off to a Brother because I promised I would send him a couple to try. Have another dozen coming this week though. Can't wait to try them! :tu

Back